• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Moussa - step up from the Youth team

Blueeyedboy

Youth Team⭐
Didn't catch the commentary yesterday, but apparantly he plated the last 20mins. Just wondered how he did.

i thought he done very well, showed some nice touches and also won tackles.
Considering we was playing one of the best teams in this division atm and are tipped to go up by alot of people including me he was very good

The big question is, Is he better than Gutts & Smith? The answer is a BIG no! What went on for Tilly to get shot of better players than Moussa?

He's 17! - he's just a kid, you can't compare his to gutts or smith!

We should be delighted that we have signed a moussa- it means we may have actually produced someone through our youth system that may be use of us later.

Besides, I think he did look good for a 17 yr old. I immediate though is that he's going to be a better version of gutteridge - due to his stuatue but he's going to be more athletic than gutts. He had a lovely touch as well.

Lets hope we see him in action next season some time - if not before?

Good feeling about this one...

I think it's fantastic to see Moussa coming up from the youth team to get a taste of 1st team action. He could be one for the future but I hope that we allow him to mature into the team and then have the courage to play him. Whilst I am delighted to see how well Kightley has done it is so disappointing that we didn't hold on to him. I always felt he was a good player- although hinddsight is a wonderful thing!

He's 17! - he's just a kid, you can't compare his to gutts or smith!

We should be delighted that we have signed a moussa- it means we may have actually produced someone through our youth system that may be use of us later.

Besides, I think he did look good for a 17 yr old. I immediate though is that he's going to be a better version of gutteridge - due to his stuatue but he's going to be more athletic than gutts. He had a lovely touch as well.

Lets hope we see him in action next season some time - if not before?

Good feeling about this one...

Fair enough, but to be honest, I don't give a toss about whether he will or won't be better than Gutts or Smith, I'm only interested in Tilly having the best players available to him to keep the club in the CCC.

He may improve greatly or he could be struggling like Lawson, the last great hope signed from the Youths!

Well on first impressions I think he did well. For a 17 year old to make his professional debut at the SOL in front of that crowd, it must be pretty intimidating but he did not seem affected by it at all.

There is no way anyone can slate the lad or say he is worse than Gutts or Smith on such a short appearance. Like people have already mentioned, its great that we have had someone come through the youth system. I think he is going to be a feature in the rest of our season and I for one was impressed with what I saw, lets support the lad before we start slating him and comparing him to others. According to Tilson he has a great attitude. Thats exactly what we need.

I'm not slating him, I'm just saying that he's not as good as Smith or Gutts. I have seen Moussa play numerous times for the under 18's & he was never the stand out player in that team.

I honestly hope he proves me wrong, but as long as we stay in the CCC, I couldn't care less who plays.

Well on first impressions I think he did well. For a 17 year old to make his professional debut at the SOL in front of that crowd, it must be pretty intimidating but he did not seem affected by it at all.

QUOTE]

That wasn't his debut though was it?

I'm not slating him, I'm just saying that he's not as good as Smith or Gutts. I have seen Moussa play numerous times for the under 18's & he was never the stand out player in that team.

I honestly hope he proves me wrong, but as long as we stay in the CCC, I couldn't care less who plays.
Thats great Big Shrimp so that means you feel we have even better players in the youths who are still to come thru , Who do you feel they are then please ??

There are 2 maybe 3 who might do well & both have played in the reserves. One is Riess Noel, a defender, who I'm informed had a good game against Ipswich Reserves & the other is James Lindie, who has lightning pace & a good footballing brain. He is only in the first year of his scholarship & can only get better, I think the same is true of Noel, but I'm not certain. Both seem to have a bit about them, so fingers crossed!

Definitely "showed some nice touches". Thought he was very composed on the ball, not just for a 17 year old, but for a professional footballer. He appears to have a certain Maher-esque quality about his passing/time on the ball. I'd see him playing more the Maher role than the Guttridge role, but eitherway he'd need to impose himself on the game more.

He actually made me quite optimistic about our youth team -there were a number of occasions he tried to play some quick, intelligent passes which were almost too quick and intelligent for our ponderous first-teamers! If the youth team can play on the same wavelength as him, I think they may actually be able to play football. The only other graduate I've seen is Lawson who looks another intelligent footballer. Now its just a case of getting them on the weights and pills and teaching them some cunning so we don't end up with a team of naive, lightweight midgets.

Tilly also seems to have high hopes for Moussa: just look at the two games Tilly has blood him in: a top of the table Essex derby and at the Stadium of Light in front of 30,000+.

While we're talking about yoof-team hopefuls, did anyone else notice that Charles Ademeno scored for Cambridge Utd at the weekend?

Could he be the new Trevor Fitzpatrick? :D

Question you need to ask is Moussa as good as Smith or Gutts when they were 17 ?

Moussa may not be good enough now, but give it a few years and he could be far better. Then again he may not.

While we're talking about yoof-team hopefuls, did anyone else notice that Charles Ademeno scored for Cambridge Utd at the weekend?

Non-League Paper report that Charles Ademeno 'pace' & scored a great goal which was the highlight of the Morecambe Vs CUFC games. Joel L. was impressive at Oxford for Gravesend and one of their best player as well. Few year ago, our youth team players would'nt not get into any non-league side on loans, but now they do. How come Smith & Gutteridge drop down a level or two if they are good enough? They would'nt get into any championship team - we want championship standard players not League 2 players!

Back