• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

My article

My article -

• Evening Echo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Matchday Programme

• None

• Total voters

Tweedy

First XI
Please take a minute to read my article in the forum titled 'proud to be english', I am thinking of sending it in to the matchday programme or echo but would like some feedback from you the fans

Well, apart from the fact that the article itself isn't very long it is from the heart... but if you're serious about getting stuff published then you will have to learn how to spell and improve your grammar.  But otherwise, hey!  Give it a go!  Nothing ventured, as they say...

I've "corrected" your article below, and added a few words here and there.  Hope you don't mind.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]

Wow!

What a week. On Wednesday I had the privilege to watch Liverpool stage the biggest and most impressive fight back in any cup final ever. Steve Gerrard epitomises exactly what loyalty and love for his club and football generally should be and I'm not ashamed to say that I stood in tears as the crowd sang "You'll Never Walk Alone" after the penalty shoot out. This was a night when English fans could hold their heads up high rather than hanging them in shame as they have had to in the past, having been associated with crowd trouble and hooliganism. They were indeed a credit to Liverpool football club and to English football as a whole.

Then, when Saturday came, to be honest I couldn't stop thinking about the Blue boys chucking away their season's worth of hard work; however my thoughts changed to those of a more positive nature when the play-off final kicked off. Having watched Southend United for over 18 years I can honestly say that I witnessed the players showing the necessary grit, determination and passion to win that had not been evident since the days of Powell, Tilson and Collymore etc. Extra Time came, the goals were scored and we secured promotion - which was surely our destiny.

Whilst every paper and article has singled out Freddy Eastwood for our rise to League one I would just like to emphasise that, in my opinion, the entire squad is full of hard workers and it was the fact that the coaching staff showed immense belief in that squad that won us promotion. From the tea ladies, cleaners, marketing teams to the lads that play the football every week, everyone connected with the club played no small part in our success.

This is a time to be proud of English football, to be proud of our team - the mighty Blues - and also to be proud of ourselves, the fans, for our conduct and support at games both home and away.

This is a time to be proud of football. English football.

Yes it was a good post, but come on lets not get carried away. The majority of posters on here have had at least one decent post that they would be proud of.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoyWonder2 @ May 31 2005,20:11)]Yes it was a good post, but come on lets not get carried away. The majority of posters on here have had at least one decent post that they would be proud of.
I haven't - everything I post is pure drivel!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ May 31 2005,21:00)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoyWonder2 @ May 31 2005,20:11)]Yes it was a good post, but come on lets not get carried away. The majority of posters on here have had at least one decent post that they would be proud of.
Not everything. This post is factually correct.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ May 31 2005,21:03)]
[b said:
[b said:

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Thanks ORM - do you think I should get it published in The Times or The Telegraph?

laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ May 31 2005,21:05)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ May 31 2005,21:03)]
[b said:
[b said:

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Thanks ORM - do you think I should get it published in The Times or The Telegraph?

laugh.gif
I dunno - try posting a vote thread on the subject.

laugh.gif

Back