• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

My mate Ben's Sandwich Challenge.

Choice Options

• Total voters

DTS

The Business
Just been down to our local Sarnie shop this lunchtime with my mate/work colleague Benny Boy. I ordered Paella which always takes ages so we had plenty of time to chat.

Cut a long story short there are 23 seperate combinations of roll that you can have in the shop. These range from Cheese Salad or Corned Beef right up to spicy mexican chicken or tuna and black olives.

I asked Ben if he felt he could eat a roll of all 23 combinations in a normal working day 9-5pm in return for £500.

He had a good thought about it and we drew up the following rules.

* Can be sick as many times as he needs to.
* Can dink as much water as he needs.
* Does not have to have butter or any salad unless he wants it.

On the basis of these his was confident he could do it.

What do you think. Could you do the above challenge in return for £500 big ones?

DtS:finger:

Yeah reckon he could.

On a Saturday night a couple of my mates used to eat 5 Mcdonalds cheeseburgers in about 15 minutes, so if he has 8 hours reckon he could do it.

A friend of mine had a vending machine challenge in his office.

The challenge was to eat one of every chocolate bar and bag of crisps in a one hour period without being sick.

To date no one has managed it but somebody came within a Twix of achieving this feat.

There was a program on one of the satellite channels regarding eating competitions but I can't remember what it was called. I do remember one event was billed as 'the Superbowl of competitive eating'.

anyone been down mcdonalds on a tuesday night after 5. they sell burgers for 20p each. my mate had 13 in a row and went back for seconds

i reckon i could do it, but at London prices, the £500 would probably struggle to cover the cost of said sandwiches!

23 rolls in 8 hours? Piece of p**s. I'll take you up on that bet if you like, Dave.

i reckon i could do it, but at London prices, the £500 would probably struggle to cover the cost of said sandwiches!

Not sure where your getting your Cheese and ham Sarny's from but at an average of £21 i hope your getting Mayo thrown in :eek:

It can probably be done, but it may depend on the size of the rolls.

As for competitive eating, which Mad Cyril mentioned, the person to watch out for is this lady, Sonya Thomas:

sonya-eater.jpg

Believe it or not, this lady - an absolute wren of a girl, weighing 7 stone - is known as the "Black Widow" of world competitive eating. She has 27 world titles to her name and out-eats men 3 times her size.

Weird, eh?

I think the scariest of her titles is the 65 hard boiled eggs in 6 minutes 40 seconds. It makes me ill just thinking about it. Anyhow, more as always can be found on wiki...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonya_Thomas

Oh, and she has done 7 three-quarter pound burgers in 10 minutes, or 43 soft tacos in 11 minutes... so suddenly, 23 rolls in 8 hours doesn't look so taxing.

:eek:

Back