• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

My thoughts on our "very small crowd"

Each and every one of us were bloody brilliant.
biggrin.gif

out of interest, does anyone have a figure on how many we took in the end?

Throat's killing me putting in the extra effort but well worth it
blues.gif
blues.gif
biggrin.gif

It was something like 7,000 in the end. The support was absolutely fantastic - no comparison with the two previous finals. The chanting in the second half of extra time was simply awesome. Well done all!

Despite the small numbers I thought we created a really superb atmosphere. It was a credit to the club.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kenny @ May 29 2005,13:09)]out of interest, does anyone have a figure on how many we took in the end?
They said on the radio on the way home 7,000 dont know if that's true or not

Yeah i agree in the 2nd half of extra time superb, never felt such a buzz in my 25 years at the club !

Credit to everyone who made the effort

no doubt about it the atmosphere was brilliant. Much better than the LDVs.
PS isn't weird when the stand flexes when people jump about. It really seemed to rock. Weird and fantastic. I thought a few lads were going to go over the top of the tier after the first goal and take me with them. Absolutelt bloody fantastic.

and OS is right. Tilly and Brush are crap. They simply have to go
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

Must say that my throat is really sore today, but hells bells i wouldn't have missed that for anything.
What's more its my birthday today and i've never had a better prezzie
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Barely stopped singing all match. The lower tier section behind the goal was brilliant. Sat where we liked, stood up all match and even had a football with us for a little kick around ...

biggrin.gif

It really was something special - even before we scored. We knew we were going to be up against it numbers wise, but I think that just makes everyone go for it that much more.

It was a shame that none of the players or Tilly mentioned the support yesterday - maybe they have and I missed it, or maybe it wasn't that loud on the pitch. Can anyone let us know how it sounded on TV?

The number was disappointing but 7000 yesterday made more noise than 20,000 did for the LDV Finals, despite the huge gaps in the crowd. As long as we won I don't care. Serves the Football League right for charging such ridiculous prices. I hope all the gloryhunters wish they'd gone now :P We outsung Lincoln too. I was in the Upper Tier behind the goal, wasn't great there but it looked really good along the side of the pitch they all seemed to be singing together now.

WE ARE GOING UP SAY WE ARE GOING UP!

After spending all my money on tickets for both cardiff trips i was gutted that i wasn't aloud time off work, i had to give a month's notice, for f**k sake we only found out about 3 weeks b4
sad.gif

Saw it on t.v. and was nearly thrown out of the pub for singing to much, and downing a few pints prob didn't help.

WE ARE GOING UP SAY WE ARE GOING UP!!

Maybe nxt season we can win the LDV trophy!!

I was supposed to work on Saturday (as I work every Saturday morning) but I told them they could either give me holiday or shove it, 'cos I wasn't going to be in anyway.

Football takes priority over any part-time job!

Atmosphere in the MillStad was fantastic, especially after half-time. You would never have known by hearing the fans that Lincoln took more than we did, in fact it sounded like the other way 'round!

Well done to all those who attended. Special mention to the Glovers, Robins & Hammers supporters, who boosted our numbers by several dozens... every little helps!
wink.gif

Its a shame few could make it, but with the expense of a third time, its understandable. With all due respect to everyone who went to the LDV finals, we all know we dont have 20000 FANS, and so everyone that was there on sat, are FANS, and so its much easier to create an amazing atmosphere, when you are all doing it. Where as the newbies dont know all songs, and when the going got tough in the LDV they became very quiet, and made it hard for us to create an atmosphere.

I think we were all amazing on saturday, really were the 12th man, and all deserve a medal. I was worried that the players would be down with the low number, but you could see how proud they were with all the noise we were making, they loved, i loved it, we all loved it!!!!

Might have been a small crowd, but omg weren't the streets packed after the game!!!

Back