• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

NAME A WORST SUFC TEAM IN LIVING MEMORY

Hard to say as i havent had the pleasure ( said with tongue in cheek ) of seeing this mob, but the last time i had the pleasure (again said with tongue in cheek )of seeing Southend play at RH was back in February 1987 against Halifax Town we lost 3-2 ,an almost empty stadium and the only player i thought worth mentioning was the striker for us who scored both goals,even my brothers back then thought what a terrible team it was .

Ah that 1986-87 season, which included the worst game of football I've ever seen.

A 0-0 home draw with Stockport County a week or so before Christmas.

Ah that 1986-87 season, which included the worst game of football I've ever seen.

A 0-0 home draw with Stockport County a week or so before Christmas.
I would point out that both your post and Stewart's refer to two games in a PROMOTION season!!
Ok they were bad games, but the worst team in living memory?

I didn't say it was the worst team in living memory. I referred to it being the worst match I've ever seen.

I wouldn't know the worst team. It's all subjective and we all now live in a society where everything is extremes. I've lost count of the number of videos that top the last one saying it's the greatest goal ever scored and all that nonsense.

I would point out that both your post and Stewart's refer to two games in a PROMOTION season!!
Ok they were bad games, but the worst team in living memory?
As i pointed out i couldnt say whats the worst ,but that team that day was truly dire,i got more pleasure from watching the likes of Thorpe Athletic and St johns down at Southchurch park .

Oxley

Demi. Ridgewell Kiernan Shagnasty. Blackman

Hyam. Milligan. Nduck

Cox. Hump

I wouldn’t say this was the worst set of players in terms of ability ever, however as a ‘team’ it could well be. Right now we don’t have a ‘team’

The biggest frustration for me is that individually we do have some decent players, as a group they just don’t cut it, what I see is 11 strangers who have no clue as to their role in the team or the strengths of their team mates. Players playing far below their ability, either due to lack of confidence or lack of effort or both.

Last time I saw any real ‘togetherness’ was under Phil Brown. There were elements in the very early CP days, but that soon fell away, was never any camaraderie in Bond’s teams.

If Sol is going to succeed it’s not just going to need 6 or 7 new signings, but players than want to play for the badge, want to play for one another. I want to see that togetherness on the pitch again, a team who gather in the in the centre circle before the game, who give 100% and who come and applaud the fans, win, lose, or draw.

In hindsight I miss the Phil Brown days. I miss AB, Timlin, Woody, BBB and Cokes. The team lacks any characters, this needs to also be on Sol’s shopping list.

Worst set of players, maybe not. Worst ‘team’ ? Maybe...

Can surely only get better. I just hope Sol is given time and delivers.

Last edited:
Nope. Even Alvins **** show would have ****ed over this lot.

I never thought I'd see a team as bad as that again. But this lot are a different level of ****.

Back