• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Name of the new stadium

jg90

I have a very strong possibility the new ground will be called Little Bluewater. Anyone got any other ideas ?

If it ever gets built it will be named after a sponsor. Not long now before the plans are submitted.

Found the glossy brouchure from about the 2000/1 season with the last design and it states we will be in the new ground by 2003/4 season!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BHA @ Sep. 11 2006,16:34)]Chavs R Us
Bet it still gets built before your's...

laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Slipperduke @ Sep. 11 2006,16:26)]I f%&king hope not!

How about Tilson Towers?
I'd back that. We could call the stands 'Like I Say', 'Ever So Well', 'Worked Their Socks Off' and '52 Points'

I think Martin Mansions has a certain ring to it, as does the Otulakowski Memorial Ground.

biggrin.gif

How's about ole van Wezel bunging us a few - we could do a lot worse than the Hi-Tec Stadium.

smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kris @ Sep. 11 2006,16:40)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Slipperduke @ Sep. 11 2006,16:26)]I f%&king hope not!

How about Tilson Towers?
I'd back that. We could call the stands 'Like I Say', 'Ever So Well', 'Worked Their Socks Off' and '52 Points'
laugh.gif

Can I have two tickets for the Ever So Well greens, please?

It really rolls off the tongue!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Sep. 11 2006,17:00)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Sep. 11 2006,16:41)]I think Martin Mansions has a certain ring to it, as does the Otulakowski Memorial Ground.

biggrin.gif
Has Anton popped his clogs? Surely not?
Sorry, wrong choice of descriptor there - I was just looking for a long word. How about Otulakowski Recreational Facility?

laugh.gif

What about something to do with Shrimpers - I'm fed up with people trying to call us the Blues - how boring. Can't we play in "the Net" stadium?  
biggrin.gif
or perhaps "The Cockle Shed"
rock.gif
?  
tounge.gif

Whilst on the subject of the stadium, I was talking to a member of the design team at a forum in the Excel Centre the otherday...

We had a 'very interesting' conversation although I have my doubts whether or not he was telling me the whole truth and in any case I couldn't divulge at a risk of losing my job as well as his. So ner
tounge.gif

Back