• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

National League Meeting | 13/07/2023

BoyWonder2

2024, the year of the Shrimpers 🍤 ⭐
IMG_4313.png
So, this was posted yesterday (12th July) by BBC Essex. This may or may not have been seen by everyone in the other thread, but so much has gone on in there it would have been easy to miss, so I thought it deserved its own thread.

It appears the National League have a meeting today, and I can imagine we are top of the agenda.

I know the Shrimpers Trust have held talks with the National League, and they implied that a points deduction would be unlikely, but they have to protect the integrity of the competition.

Now, we are back in court again on the 23rd August, assuming we are still in the same boat we are this morning. I believe we’ll have the hearing regardless, even if we are taken over, and this becomes a formality.

However, if things remain as they currently are, it becomes another huge day in our history, but it could be irrelevant come today.

So what do the National League do with us? It’s been suggested if we are removed, we are without football for the 2023/2024 season. Firstly, is that correct, or a rumour that has become fact?

Between the season starting, and the 23rd August, we would have played four league matches (Oldham, Daggers, Dorking & Hartlepool). Let’s assume we are given a stay of execution by the league, and let’s say for arguments sake, that it matches the courts date of 23rd August (unlikely but go with me). Now, it’s not inconceivable that we could lose all four of those given the state we find ourselves in. Now, come the 23rd August the courts finally have enough and bin us off, the National League then do the same. I’d assume those results would be void.

Now, this is where the integrity of the competition comes into play. Oldham & Hartlepool have long trips down to us, and all the expenses that entails with travel, accommodation, food etc. the other 21 clubs can use that part of the budget on the playing side to give them an additional advantage that Oldham & Hartlepool won’t be able to. Additionally, Daggers & Dorking would have the gate receipts from our large away following. We’d take over 1,000 to Daggers, and probably around 5-7/800 to Dorking. That is a bit chunk of change for those clubs.

If it went to a vote, how would the clubs vote on us? Without over selling ourselves, we take fantastic crowds with us. We’d be one of the best supported clubs in the division. Last season we took more to every club than they took to us. We’d take over 1,000 to Daggers & Barnet, possibly Ebbsfleet too, maybe a few others. In a league where the away following isn’t the best, the home matches against us bring in much needed funds to those clubs. Additionally, Chesterfield & Oldham as an example may see us as a promotion rival (definitely not at the moment) and might want us gone for that reason, who knows.

The League have to protect the integrity of the competition. Would giving us a point’s deduction do that? We are already playing with two arms behind our backs. Would they cut a leg off as well?

I think it’s between two choices. 1) Bin us off. This would be a last result. With the league losing two big sides in Wrexham and Notts County, would they want to lose another on us but by expulsion. I think we add an awful lot to this league. If they do this, it will be through gritted teeth.

2) A short extension, before the season starts to meet criteria, and show that we can last a season under RM or ideally under shiny new owners.

I’m leaning towards number 2, a deadline of the end of the month.

Will we find out the outcome of the meeting today? Will they do a statement later? Only time will tell..

I’m inclined to agree with the 14 day extension although if they’ve been paying attention they will notice that Martin doesn’t do deadlines so they’ll need to find another mechanism to ensure he doesn’t take the **** out of them in the same way he does the civil justice system.

Reactions: Jai
I’m inclined to agree with the 14 day extension although if they’ve been paying attention they will notice that Martin doesn’t do deadlines so they’ll need to find another mechanism to ensure he doesn’t take the **** out of them in the same way he does the civil justice system.

It’s quite simple.

Give him 14 days (7/10/21 whatever) and then boot us out of the league. No extensions, no final hearings, no change of heart.

And this has answered my 'what happens next' question. We desperately need an impetus to make Ron do something, be it give us NL hope or finally ruining our club. What a rubbish choice that is!

View attachment 27280
So, this was posted yesterday (12th July) by BBC Essex. This may or may not have been seen by everyone in the other thread, but so much has gone on in there it would have been easy to miss, so I thought it deserved its own thread.

It appears the National League have a meeting today, and I can imagine we are top of the agenda.

I know the Shrimpers Trust have held talks with the National League, and they implied that a points deduction would be unlikely, but they have to protect the integrity of the competition.

Now, we are back in court again on the 23rd August, assuming we are still in the same boat we are this morning. I believe we’ll have the hearing regardless, even if we are taken over, and this becomes a formality.

However, if things remain as they currently are, it becomes another huge day in our history, but it could be irrelevant come today.

So what do the National League do with us? It’s been suggested if we are removed, we are without football for the 2023/2024 season. Firstly, is that correct, or a rumour that has become fact?

Between the season starting, and the 23rd August, we would have played four league matches (Oldham, Daggers, Dorking & Hartlepool). Let’s assume we are given a stay of execution by the league, and let’s say for arguments sake, that it matches the courts date of 23rd August (unlikely but go with me). Now, it’s not inconceivable that we could lose all four of those given the state we find ourselves in. Now, come the 23rd August the courts finally have enough and bin us off, the National League then do the same. I’d assume those results would be void.

Now, this is where the integrity of the competition comes into play. Oldham & Hartlepool have long trips down to us, and all the expenses that entails with travel, accommodation, food etc. the other 21 clubs can use that part of the budget on the playing side to give them an additional advantage that Oldham & Hartlepool won’t be able to. Additionally, Daggers & Dorking would have the gate receipts from our large away following. We’d take over 1,000 to Daggers, and probably around 5-7/800 to Dorking. That is a bit chunk of change for those clubs.

If it went to a vote, how would the clubs vote on us? Without over selling ourselves, we take fantastic crowds with us. We’d be one of the best supported clubs in the division. Last season we took more to every club than they took to us. We’d take over 1,000 to Daggers & Barnet, possibly Ebbsfleet too, maybe a few others. In a league where the away following isn’t the best, the home matches against us bring in much needed funds to those clubs. Additionally, Chesterfield & Oldham as an example may see us as a promotion rival (definitely not at the moment) and might want us gone for that reason, who knows.

The League have to protect the integrity of the competition. Would giving us a point’s deduction do that? We are already playing with two arms behind our backs. Would they cut a leg off as well?

I think it’s between two choices. 1) Bin us off. This would be a last result. With the league losing two big sides in Wrexham and Notts County, would they want to lose another on us but by expulsion. I think we add an awful lot to this league. If they do this, it will be through gritted teeth.

2) A short extension, before the season starts to meet criteria, and show that we can last a season under RM or ideally under shiny new owners.

I’m leaning towards number 2, a deadline of the end of the month.

Will we find out the outcome of the meeting today? Will they do a statement later? Only time will tell..
Great write up, and I agree these are the two likely outcomes.

I’m not sure whether they will give us as much as two weeks but if it is option 2 I think this is a great outcome for us. Our beloved chairman will not act appropriately until he knows he absolutely has to and an open deadline by the national league will hopefully focus the mind. It certainly worked in regards to filing of the accounts.

I think we will be given until 31st July, still in embargo and with a registered squad of less than 16 and we are out.

Someone mentioned that the club could not be sold whilst under a Winding Up Order, is this correct ? If so we are done for regardless as Martin is clearing the debts to have the embargo removed

Unless, 7 days before the start of the season, we can’t prove the capabilities to be able to finish the season, then we will simply start the season under a transfer embargo and players no one else wanted on non contractual employment.

I can’t see the league wanting to throw us out. They have a direct relationship with RM, who seems to be able to wrap court judges around his little finger so I do hope he can do the same there too.

Ron’s phrase of “we may not be sold, but we will of gained investment” yesterday tells us everything we need to know.

The league will demand a lot of things. Proof of safety certificate for the ground, proof staff have been paid so adequate match day personnel on hand including doctors and physios for the squad and St John’s ambulance for supporters. They will want to protect the integrity of league by ensuring you can field a competitive team from day one, if first four games end up effectively as men v boys then first opponents could build up a decent GD which isn’t fair to other clubs later if it did get sorted.
A lot of things Ron needs to do first forgetting any WUP deadlines.
At the moment there is possibly still enough time to reinstate Torquay they will probably have that in mind too

The council safety certificate worries me, Tom said it was £400k two years ago, RootsHall has rapidly declined since with no investment.

Surely his only option is to borrow £ to get the basics done so we can start!!

Who wants a 22k stadium (I believe that's their intention) playing #tag so he needs £ to start so there is something to buy/invest.

Reactions: TSG
I can't see as you say an immediate kicking out or points deduction without having had any previous meeting or issuing a warning. I can however see option 2 occurring, short extension to get a deal done.

What is worrying about this is that it won't end the way on favour of anyone but RM.
Even a short extension of say 2 weeks, means one week from the season, and 2 more weeks of an embargo. That leaves us with 13 registered players, no proper training or pre-season games or trialists. Will this make the current players push for a move? I guess if they've been paid its difficult to break contract, but I can see 'small injury' card coming out with some, as it did with Kacper, to try force a move. Where does that leave us then? Even if a move goes through at that late stage, targets have gone and its difficult to get anyone in, let alone get everyone fit and pre-season ready in a week. Tbh, I'll be amazed if Kev sticks around and you cannot blame him if he walks away.

As for even if a deal is concluded, that's looking slim. RM will take the date and play games all along to try rinse a better deal for himself. You can understand an owner doing that, but in our position its life or death, which he doesn't seem to care about. What he's asking for isn't financially viable for any proposed buyer, so I just cannot see us ticking the box of the NL deadline, let alone the courts. I honestly sadly see this as the end.

Last edited:
Unless, 7 days before the start of the season, we can’t prove the capabilities to be able to finish the season, then we will simply start the season under a transfer embargo and players no one else wanted on non contractual employment.

I can’t see the league wanting to throw us out. They have a direct relationship with RM, who seems to be able to wrap court judges around his little finger so I do hope he can do the same there too.

Ron’s phrase of “we may not be sold, but we will of gained investment” yesterday tells us everything we need to know.
You may be right but based on the conversation with the Trust I would be shocked if we were allowed to start the season under this current embargo.

I truly believe they are fed up of games. Ron almost blaming the FA with fit and proper owner tests is not going to wash. I personally hope it doesn’t wash either, would love to see them issue a public deadline for the football creditors to be paid and provide real clarity to us fans. They were willing to throw us out had the accounts not been filed, that put a rocket up the club, I hope the same could happen here.

Don’t feel any hope of RM doing anything when threatened. He simply doesn’t care. Born liar. He’d hand would have been forced already if he can be forced. Steve Dale mk2. Got to go bust before he let’s go. Madness.

You may be right but based on the conversation with the Trust I would be shocked if we were allowed to start the season under this current embargo.

I truly believe they are fed up of games. Ron almost blaming the FA with fit and proper owner tests is not going to wash. I personally hope it doesn’t wash either, would love to see them issue a public deadline for the football creditors to be paid and provide real clarity to us fans. They were willing to throw us out had the accounts not been filed, that put a rocket up the club, I hope the same could happen here.
As we know RM always finds a way of “somehow” meeting deadlines and if a deadline is set then maybe he will pull something out his arse.

As we all know RM is cash poor, asset rich. People don’t continue to loan you millions upon millions with no assets to show for it!

Back