• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Neil Harris

lincoln shrimper

Anyone else think that the striker who "wants to come to Roots Hall" is Neil Harris? I am sure he is still under contract at Forest and would therefore command a fee. He has that bit of experience that Brush was talking about and is a local lad. I would love to have him here. He would be a good replacement for Dudfield if he was to go. That would leave us with just a target man to find.

I thought Harris was one of 12 released by Forest?
rock.gif

Few months back i had heard this... Apparently Megson told Harris he had no future at the club, but would not be releasing him as they had just bought him from Millwall. He grew up in the town i think, and would probably love to move here. Only problem would be his wage demands... Having played at Millwall before Forest his wage is probably substantially higher than any at the club now... but his experience would make him a great partner to Eastwood up front.

I think we have a winner.

Harris is still under contract at Nottingham Forest. Could well want to come to Roots Hall, as his a local lad and out of favour at Forest. He'd probably command a fee as well, and has experience of League One.

But he must be realistic, as he must know he can't play higher, so he must know that he would need to take a pay cut to keep playing.

I think this could be on, but wont get too excited about it just in case!!

Maybe we'll get Forest to pay part of his wages. They may well see paying Harris £2,500 a week is better than paying him £5,000, especially if he's not in their plans for next season

Slightly unsure over Harris, great player when fit and free of injuries but is he the player he once was.

I think he would do the job for us at League One level anyway but its worth remembering his wages and his record over the last few years.

Still fingers crossed

At this level I'm pretty sure Harris would be ok, the trouble is his wages - there's no way we could pay him 5k a week, and I doubt Forest would pay half his wages, even if a loan deal was agreed. Hopefully, though, something can be worked out....

I thought he loved in Belini's!!? I know him and my mate (who is mates with him) reckons he will end his career at SUFC although maybe not this soon.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ June 19 2005,19:47)]He's also very good mates with Barrett, who could persuade him to come here
And Friday's Evening Echo article about Tilly, Brush and Barrett's extended contract offers said:

"Barrett could also soon be joined at the Shrimpers by another new striker as Blues continue to prepare for life in League One."

Given that Barrett is not a striker (although he did score more last season than Dudfield, Bramble, and probably as many as Gray from open play), the construction of that sentence is interesting. Is Chris Phillips in the know, to the extent that the new striker is known to Barrett (NB joining him?), although not his former Bristol Rovers team-mate Junior Agogo, as confirmed by Ron Martin.

The plot thickens. Don't you just love this time of the footballing calendar?
rock.gif

Still got 2 years to run on his contract. That's a massive pay day for the next 2 years what ever way you look at it.

But ... he has had a life changing experiance with the big C.  Maybe, he just wants to play regular first team football which would be guaranteed at roots hall..?

Fingers crossed
upside.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Barnabas @ June 19 2005,23:51)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ June 19 2005,19:47)]He's also very good mates with Barrett, who could persuade him to come here
And Friday's Evening Echo article about Tilly, Brush and Barrett's extended contract offers said:

"Barrett could also soon be joined at the Shrimpers by another new striker as Blues continue to prepare for life in League One."

Given that Barrett is not a striker (although he did score more last season than Dudfield, Bramble, and probably as many as Gray from open play), the construction of that sentence is interesting. Is Chris Phillips in the know, to the extent that the new striker is known to Barrett (NB joining him?), although not his former Bristol Rovers team-mate Junior Agogo, as confirmed by Ron Martin.

The plot thickens. Don't you just love this time of the footballing calendar?
rock.gif
No I think you're reading too much into the way the article was written, IMO it's just a normal run-of-the-mill article.

I do think Harris is the target though.

Back