• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Never get the players

Just been looking on sky sports and as always looks like weve been pipped to the post trying to sign players and this time by clubs that are in a relegation battle with us. Barnsley have managed to sign ronnie walwork and kyle reid from west ham and hull have signed shipperly. Sheffield wed have got wayne andrews and looks like barnsley are also going to get leon knight (who is a quality striker) why is it we never seem to be able to secure transfers or loan moves? surely players like this can only be good for the squad?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ashingdon-shrimper @ Nov. 23 2006,14:36)]Just been looking on sky sports and as always looks like weve been pipped to the post trying to sign players and this time by clubs that are in a relegation battle with us. Barnsley have managed to sign ronnie walwork and kyle reid from west ham and hull have signed shipperly. Sheffield wed have got wayne andrews and looks like barnsley are also going to get leon knight (who is a quality striker) why is it we never seem to be able to secure transfers or loan moves? surely players like this can only be good for the squad?
Simple because we don't pay stupid wages!
A policy which has been positive on the rise up the leagues but if we want to stay up you have to question to some point with the team in it's current precarious position!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jontosh2001 @ Nov. 23 2006,14:38)]we are after better

just wait and see!
Haha.

Quote of the day!.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ashingdon-shrimper @ Nov. 23 2006,14:36)]why is it we never seem to be able to secure transfers or loan moves? surely players like this can only be good for the squad?
Wow, so much negativity with half the day left.

Could have sworn we loaned McCormack less than a week ago as well...

Whilst its frustrating not to hear of any players yetbear in mind they wont be announced until agreed and we have no idea what is going on in the background.

Lets not start criticising until we know either way though...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (glasgowsufc @ Nov. 23 2006,14:39)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (ashingdon-shrimper @ Nov. 23 2006,14:36)]Just been looking on sky sports and as always looks like weve been pipped to the post trying to sign players and this time by clubs that are in a relegation battle with us. Barnsley have managed to sign ronnie walwork and kyle reid from west ham and hull have signed shipperly. Sheffield wed have got wayne andrews and looks like barnsley are also going to get leon knight (who is a quality striker) why is it we never seem to be able to secure transfers or loan moves? surely players like this can only be good for the squad?
Simple because we don't pay stupid wages!
A policy which has been positive on the rise up the leagues but if we want to stay up you have to question to some point with the team in it's current precarious position!
maybe its time to break the rule, if it meens surviving this season! we need someone who can make a difference someone who knows how to fight......

don't think we have the contacts!!!
rock.gif
!!!
rock.gif
!!!

as the days goes on i am getting more and more worried that nothing is going to happen

come on tilly get some quality signings!!!!!!!!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (mattytheshrimper @ Nov. 23 2006,14:43)]don't think we have the contacts!!!
rock.gif
!!!
rock.gif
!!!

as the days goes on i am getting more and more worried that nothing is going to happen

come on tilly get some quality signings!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oo.gif

It's interesting how everyone loves to pillory Ronnie Whelan, Jobson et al for signing players on wages we couldn't really afford, hence putting the club in danger, but now we're all calling on Tilly and RM to do the same thing? Ron's already said we're living above our means financially this year, there's a limit to the risks that can be taken. Running the club as a sound business proposition has to involve having a plan for relegation, much as we might not like to think about it.

that said, we should sign Sheringham and Parlour in the next hour or i'm going to cry.
tounge.gif

[b said:

just wait and see!
Is this a 'I know something you don't' hint
rock.gif

rock.gif

Because we certainly need someone to find out something before we all go crazy
sad.gif

PaTo

Surely this thread is just jumping the gun. In 24 hours time, maybe.

Honestly though, how many of the signings that have been made today would have realistically been on our list of priorities? I think we could have done with Neil Sullivan and Neil Shipperley, but maybe those two didn't want to move South.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Pato the Blue @ Nov. 23 2006,14:48)]
[b said:

just wait and see!

sad.gif

PaTo
I think i already have!!
down.gif
Oo.gif
upside.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beefy @ Nov. 23 2006,14:48)]Surely this thread is just jumping the gun. In 24 hours time, maybe.

Honestly though, how many of the signings that have been made today would have realistically been on our list of priorities? I think we could have done with Neil Sullivan and Neil Shipperley, but maybe those two didn't want to move South.
what about leon knight? not wohat were looking for apparently? what the hell does that meen, the guy has talent ....

Tilson has already said he doesnt want Leon Knight due to his attitude.

Personally Id be happy to see him here, but thats Tillys decision.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ashingdon-shrimper @ Nov. 23 2006,14:49)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beefy @ Nov. 23 2006,14:48)]Surely this thread is just jumping the gun. In 24 hours time, maybe.

what about leon knight? not wohat were looking for apparently? what the hell does that meen, the guy has talent ....
He's got a mediocre goalscoring record at this level (and thats being polite) and Tilly spoke out last week about his attitude.

Plus he'd never make a partnership with Eastwood same as he struggled to make one with Trundle (most of Knight's goals having been scored when he was alongside Fallon)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimper_sam @ Nov. 23 2006,14:49)]
[b said:
[b said:

just wait and see!

sad.gif

PaTo
I think i already have!!  
down.gif

Oo.gif

upside.gif
no insider info, i agree that we need wrongun... i assume he is out following tillys car or something

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jontosh2001 @ Nov. 23 2006,14:53)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimper_sam @ Nov. 23 2006,14:49)]
[b said:
[b said:

just wait and see!

sad.gif

PaTo
I think i already have!!  
down.gif

Oo.gif

upside.gif
no insider info, i agree that we need wrongun... i assume he is out following tillys car or something
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]i assume he is out following tillys car or something
If not renting him one from his firm!
smile.gif

Back