• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Never thought I would say this but....

You do wonder if ST reads the internet, on several boards Maher's disinclination to shoot has been mentioned, and suddenly he's blazing them in from all over the pitch.

*Yes, I understand that ST is a good enough manager to spot this for himself, but you do wonder...

I thought that too. To be honest, just because of a little dip in form, I feel Kevin's criticism on this board of late has been quite unjustified. His shooting, though, has always been lacklustre, and I'm sure he will be the first to admit it. Yesterday he was spot on though. Back to his best, as everybody on here has seen in the past I'm sure. We'd be a much lesser side if he left.
Still nearly talked himself into a red card yesterday though....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimp in a Kilt @ Jan. 08 2006,11:01)]You do wonder if ST reads the internet
James Hayter, James Hayter, James Hayter...

Hopefully he reads that

I don't think I had to say 'oh for god's sake, Maher' once yesterday.

Good ol' Kev is back on form!

Maher was great. Hit a thumping volley against the woodwork. Great stuff. Play up Southend...

SOTW

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimpboy @ Jan. 08 2006,12:37)]Maher doesn't actually have a bad shot on him he just never uses it. When he does shoot they usually go close.
his shooting is normally awful I thought!

he managed to hit the post twice within the space of seconds yesterday though

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimp in a Kilt @ Jan. 08 2006,12:01)]You do wonder if ST reads the internet, on several boards Maher's disinclination to shoot has been mentioned, and suddenly he's blazing them in from all over the pitch.

*Yes, I  understand that ST is a good enough manager to spot this for himself, but you do wonder...
Nope, ST - it seems - does not read the sites.

I just watched FL Review on Sky Sports and we had extended highlights on there, it was superb to see.

Maher was unlucky with his great shot, then he folowed up and hit a post.

Looked a well fought out point.

Sodje's header was unluck too!

I also see Jevons goal too, what a corker. Best goal of the day in FL.1
Would be superb if we signed him too.

I was at the game and said Maher had a very good game and on FL Review you could see he was at the heart of everything. Broke down a number of Oldham attacks and got us pushing forward very quickly.

any one know whats happening with jcr ? seems to have gone really quiet on him

[b said:
Quote[/b] (bas blue @ Jan. 08 2006,20:43)]any one know whats happening with jcr ? seems to have gone really quiet on him
I would think Tilly is trying to negotiate a lot lower fee than the reported £140k. I would not be surprised if maybe the deal fell through.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (keefmoon @ Jan. 08 2006,11:04)]I thought that too. To be honest, just because of a little dip in form, I feel Kevin's criticism on this board of late has been quite unjustified. His shooting, though, has always been lacklustre, and I'm sure he will be the first to admit it. Yesterday he was spot on though. Back to his best, as everybody on here has seen in the past I'm sure. We'd be a much lesser side if he left.
Still nearly talked himself into a red card yesterday though....
Agree with you 150%, over a season every player has a dip in form and whilst I dont like him taking all the freekicks, kev would be my first name down on any teamsheet! Some people knock him but he as been with us know for 8 seasons,and while players have come and gone, he has been very loyal and a good professional!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]thats what we need inch perfect passing and long balls a superb shot that hit the post,

Dont we need a superb shot that goes in the goal?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ljubljana Branch @ Jan. 08 2006,13:17)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimpboy @ Jan. 08 2006,12:37)]Maher doesn't actually have a bad shot on him he just never uses it. When he does shoot they usually go close.
Is that a joke?
I believe the word 'close' in this case is being used as a relative term "e.g. the earth is 'close' to the sun...."

Sorry Kev  
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ Jan. 08 2006,19:34)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimp in a Kilt @ Jan. 08 2006,12:01)]You do wonder if ST reads the internet, on several boards Maher's disinclination to shoot has been mentioned, and suddenly he's blazing them in from all over the pitch.

*Yes, I  understand that ST is a good enough manager to spot this for himself, but you do wonder...
rock.gif

You can't leave it like that OS, what's your source?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimp in a Kilt @ Jan. 09 2006,12:58)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ Jan. 08 2006,19:34)]
[b said:

rock.gif

You can't leave it like that OS, what's your source?

In true Napster style:
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ Jan. 09 2006,12:12)]Nope, ST - it seems - does not read the sites.
rock.gif

You can't leave it like that OS, what's your source?[/quote]

In true Napster style:
wink.gif
[/QUOTE]
In true SotW style:

wow.gif

down.gif

Back