• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Podcast New ‘Shrimperscast’ podcast on Spotify hosted by Bernie Friend - fab listen!

Yeah, a great listen!!
Remember that Bristol City match like it was yesterday

Walking into the North bank (smell of stale urine & fried onions), Blues phone line with John Adams (£ drain), the HI-TEC boots with the white flap, changing ends in the West Stand and who would choose to stand in the North West !!!!!

Those were the days!!!

I’m a custard splat fan, is there room for another Southend podcast ? I will give this a listen anyway. Is Bernie still doing anything with the club journalism wise ?

Enjoyed that, interesting to see kev speak about Tom Lawrence and what a job he has done, I know many say on here he does a very good job, however he also seems to take a lot of stick on here as well.

I enjoy all the Southend podcasts, nice to listen to something about the club

Loved it.

Listening to Kev, what a man we have in charge of our club. How has someone not listened to him and thought **** it, let’s buy this club regardless of what it costs and give that man the tools to make us compete again. Emotional.

Small club and if the need for multiple podcasts is something that we need. I’m all for a listen though.
Custard splat has 3 episodes in 2023 on Spotify. Unless there is a glut of episodes on other platforms I'm sure there is room for at least 1 more.

And what's all this "Small club"?!? Wash your mouth out with soap 🧼

Small club and if the need for multiple podcasts is something that we need. I’m all for a listen though.

I’ve never listened to the other two podcasts on Southend. I only listen to podcasts when I’m running, normally Undr The Cosh & That Peter Crouch Podcast as I want to laugh (and listening to Southend content recently would make me cry instead), however on my morning run I’ll be listening to Shrimperscast purely for the interview with Kevin Maher. He speaks incredibly well, and is always an interesting listen.

I’m all for the Southend United content, the more the merrier. We have two people doing Vlogs, is that too many?

Competition should improve them all.

I’ve never listened to the other two podcasts on Southend. I only listen to podcasts when I’m running, normally Undr The Cosh & That Peter Crouch Podcast as I want to laugh (and listening to Southend content recently would make me cry instead), however on my morning run I’ll be listening to Shrimperscast purely for the interview with Kevin Maher. He speaks incredibly well, and is always an interesting listen.

I’m all for the Southend United content, the more the merrier. We have two people doing Vlogs, is that too many?

Competition should improve them all.
You’ll love it, it’s great. Kev is the man. You want him going into battle for you certainly.

You’ll love it, it’s great. Kev is the man. You want him going into battle for you certainly.

Just finished it, worth a listen. Thoroughly enjoyed the interview with Kev, and I see they’ve released the full interview as well separately, so will have a listen to that too.

I enjoyed it too.....just felt in places Bernie had a tendency to talk over Kev before he could elaborate on several of his answers to questions he was asked.
Yea, I've been holding onto this criticism however constructive, but definitely spoiled it somewhat for me. If you interviewing someone, you want their voice to be the one heard, but a lot of the time Bernie was talking over Kev as you say. Was a shame.

I enjoyed it too.....just felt in places Bernie had a tendency to talk over Kev before he could elaborate on several of his answers to questions he was asked.
Yep true. I think both Bernie and Paul admitted they’ll find there stride as it’s new to them and they are gabbling somewhat. Do enjoy Bernie’s tales though about his past misadventures following the Blues.

Ok after listening to episode one I actually enjoyed it and looking forward to the stories in the 80s/90s. Great podcast for the older fan. David Crown is the next guest.

Back