• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New battle - American TV shows

All US TV, or just dramas

• All programmes

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Just dramas

Votes: 10 71.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Leo

This cook is an anti-semite
BEFORE WE START THOUGH......

Shall we make it all American TV shows, or just dramas?

Quick poll, which I'll keep up for just a day.

Just dramas, or Pubey will plump for his idol Ricki Lake :nope:

...and we've done sitcoms.

I suspected dramas would get the vote, but just wanted to check.

Much as I'd love to play, I'll stay neutral on this one so I can settle any tiebreakers if needed.

Reckon we can easily get to 32, though unless balls are warmed I don't think we need a crystal ball to know the final 2.

Another thought - would M*A*S*H qualify? A comedy of course, but pretty dramatic too. IMDB categorises it under both (and 'war').

Are we counting series? If so I'll have The Wire - I win. Next.

Are we counting series? If so I'll have The Wire - I win. Next.

Not on my watch soldier.

I suggest if comedies involve a fair amount of drama (M*A*S*H or Nurse Jackie for example then yes, but if it's an out and out comedy (Friends/Frasier) **BAD CRICKO**, then no.

Not on my watch soldier.

I suggest if comedies involve a fair amount of drama (M*A*S*H or Nurse Jackie for example then yes, but if it's an out and out comedy (Friends/Frasier) and my favourite ever Everybody loves Raymond, then no.

No shock there then Paul :dim:

Not on my watch soldier.

I suggest if comedies involve a fair amount of drama (M*A*S*H or Nurse Jackie for example then yes, but if it's an out and out comedy (Friends/Frasier) then no.

Agreed. I'll be the final arbiter on that one but will use IMDB as a pointer.

Nominations to open tomorrow once this poll has expired.

It's a struggle to think outside of the last few years. TV really took second place to movies just a few years ago, now thanks to HBO & Fox (spit), that's just not the case.

It's a struggle to think outside of the last few years. TV really took second place to movies just a few years ago, now thanks to HBO & Fox (spit), that's just not the case.

Roots
NYPD Blue
ER
St Elsewhere

Not saying any of them would beat The Wire, but all worthy of consideration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back