• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New business thread.

There is a large fit out going on in the Victoria Shopping Centre which will be a combination indoor rock climbing/bouldering centre and coffee bar.

It may be popular with kids it weekends but the rest of the time who is going to use it?

There is a large fit out going on in the Victoria Shopping Centre which will be a combination indoor rock climbing/bouldering centre and coffee bar.

It may be popular with kids it weekends but the rest of the time who is going to use it?
Perfect for SUFC. After all we have a mountain to climb.

Maybe they are planning a day time mobility scooter assault course?

I’d have thought if it’s any good it would be pretty busy early evenings with kids and then the post-work crowd in the evenings. School holidays will be rammed but term time during the day it’ll be a mix of students, shift-workers and home workers bunking off and you can probably get the place to yourself.

Salt Rock clothes in SoS High St, nice people. Got 20% of jacket this morning. I hope it lasts BUT this town is more Primark than Mand S.

Three Swords - Queens Road, Southend

Craft beer and street food.

My feeling is they are entering a crowded marketplace at a time where people are feeling the pinch and spending less on premium products.

I hope it is decent and does well. Southend needs more independent places and Queens Road seems to be leading the way.

The Suzuki dealership on Prince Avenue has closed and a MG o e taken over. Apparently new Suzuki cars were getting very hard to get from Japan and in such small quantities that the business was no longer viable.
MG = Chinese so that might not go so well?

My feeling is they are entering a crowded marketplace at a time where people are feeling the pinch and spending less on premium products.

I hope it is decent and does well. Southend needs more independent places and Queens Road seems to be leading the way.
Do they do a cheap pensioner's breakfast there?

The Suzuki dealership on Prince Avenue has closed and a MG o e taken over. Apparently new Suzuki cars were getting very hard to get from Japan and in such small quantities that the business was no longer viable.
MG = Chinese so that might not go so well?
MG are big in EV cars. China leads the way there, I think I read recently that EV car sales in China are more than rest of the world put together

I could just have easily posted this in the 'What's Making You Happy Today' thread; a new craft beer shop/bar has just opened in Leigh. Hopsters, at 20 Elm Road (opposite Irma's). They also have shops/bars in Ipswich and Chelmsford. Visited the Chelmsford one a few times before, so having seen what they have on offer I'm very excited about them coming to Leigh. Ace selection of cans and bottles and run by a thoroughly likeable and knowledgable local bloke. Should be a success.
The Ipswich one is cool - in a c. 400 year-old building with a beer garden. Agreed - the owner is a good bloke.

I purchased a bread baton from Wendzl Bakers in Prince Ave about 7.15 am yesterday for my lunch en route to Solihull.
I had my dog with me to get her early walk done in the cool.
Anyway the pleasant young man brought the baton to the door ( dogs not allowed) and also gave the dog a fresh cooked sausage too.
The baton was good, the service was very good.

I purchased a bread baton from Wendzl Bakers in Prince Ave about 7.15 am yesterday for my lunch en route to Solihull.
I had my dog with me to get her early walk done in the cool.
Anyway the pleasant young man brought the baton to the door ( dogs not allowed) and also gave the dog a fresh cooked sausage too.
The baton was good, the service was very good.
I rate Wenzels bread quite highly, the only down side is their pricing which I find just a bit too expensive. That said the staff are always helpful, at Prince Avenue, and in the High Street. And the bread good enough to cough up the extra dosh for now and again.

I rate Wenzels bread quite highly, the only down side is their pricing which I find just a bit too expensive. That said the staff are always helpful, at Prince Avenue, and in the High Street. And the bread good enough to cough up the extra dough for now and again.
Sorted that for you. :Smile:

• Haha
Reactions: RHB

Is that where the old Aristocrat & Town House pub was?.

Currently in there having a pre-match beer. Person serving (presuming the owner) must be a Southend fan. Informed me of our new siging which I had no clue about.

Decent selection on tap, fridge is also very well stocked. Also does food too.

Currently in there having a pre-match beer. Person serving (presuming the owner) must be a Southend fan. Informed me of our new siging which I had no clue about.

What sort of food?

I noticed Kingfisher fish and chips on Queens Road has closed - the owners have stated that rising costs made the business untenable.

I popped in there a few weeks ago. It is just too small to get any kind of atmosphere going.

Mile and a third. Hamlet Court Road.

Decent beer, decent prices and just scruffy enough to keep the ponces out. Definitely playing catchup with West Road Tap and Craftwerk but it is early days.

Complimentary Bristows hairspray in the toilets is a nice touch.
I'm sure the ponces will appreciate it. :Winking:

Back