• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New FF Planning Committee Date - 10th April 2013

Shrimpergonzo

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver⭐
Staff member
Just received a letter in the post from Southend BC to say that the Fossetts Farm application has been amended and will be considered by the development control committee at 2pm on 10th April 2013. Haven't had a chance to look at (for) the amendments yet. Will report back if I find anything significant on the council website.

That's 2 big dates for the club within a few days of each other then....!

Just had a quick scan as haven't got time to read it at the mo. The amount of times the figure £6m is mentioned as being the agreed figure and followed by a comment about it "not being viable" and that it was "agreed in a completely different world" would suggest that they no longer want to pay the £6m, but are willing to pay £3.5m instead, given a break down of that figure in the letter too.

Here is hoping they agree to it!

Sainsburys now offering £3.5m planning gain package (phased) - as opposed to previously agreed £6.5m

The majority of the monies then would only be paid over when the retail side is complete and the 4th side of the stadium built (which could be the 12th of never), they will get nothing for the stadium commencement. That I am sure was the carrot RM dangled at them at the original council meeting when plans were passed?

I am not sure the council will stand for that in the current economic climate when there are vast gaps in the high street anyway.

We shall see I guess but great find Gary :clap:

I thought that this planning meeting was the re conferring after the last one in which the council were asked to consider the reduction was deferred at the councils request
I think I said at the time that the delay may well have been so that the council could rubberstamp the agreed income after the new financial year started so that their budget and consquent central government contribution would not be compromised as the original 6m was not in either the 11-12 or 12-13 budgets
This is the 4th working day of the new financial year...

I think it might have been taken down. Can get access to the council website but not to the Associated Documents tab which is where I found it. Fortunately however I saved a copy and have uploaded it to my public dropbox folder this morning.

http://db.tt/mByEoDiz

I thought that this planning meeting was the re conferring after the last one in which the council were asked to consider the reduction was deferred at the councils request
I think I said at the time that the delay may well have been so that the council could rubberstamp the agreed income after the new financial year started so that their budget and consquent central government contribution would not be compromised as the original 6m was not in either the 11-12 or 12-13 budgets
This is the 4th working day of the new financial year...
Seems sensible and plausible, good post.

Thanks for posting. Just read through the letter, makes for interesting reading. Just have to hope the council approves the revised amount - if councillors say no, I dread to think what will happen next.

Just re-read the committee report from the meeting on 20th December 2012 (where the application was deferred) - at that time we were only offering £2.25m so the delay has proved profitable for the Council, getting Sainsburys/Ron to put an extra £1.25m on the table.

HOWEVER

The proposed phasing is now quite different. Back in December it was a simple £1.45m on commencement of development (Stadium) and £800,000 on commencement of retail.

Now it is £0.5m on start on site of retail pk, £0.5m on opening for trade of 1st unit, £0.5m on opening of 6th/7th unit, £1m on opening of final retail unit, and £1m on opening of trade of hotel and enabling west stand development.

So although there is more money on the table, all payments are now linked to the bits that have nothing to do with Sainsburys getting us off the Roots Hall site!

cheers , that was very interesting --- its a shame that it will only get viewed by a few memebrs as it is far more important that all of the 'phil brown' emails :stunned:

I would be very interested to know the 'real' story on the £6million . The letter to me is not telling the full story- you don't just 'offer' £6 million for no good reason. If you take the letter at face value then the council should rip our arm off for £3.5 million if the Secretary of State considered there to be minimal impact on the high street. No doubt someone on here can explain

ps- little snippet, Robert Oxley, who signed the letter on behalf of Sainsbury is a football coach , I know its not significant, just thought it was interesting
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/robert-oxley/41/901/157

Its all bollocks.

Funny how the payments are now linked to the parts of the development that are not even "guaranteed" to be built.

The council have now been backed into a corner. And they now have to either accept a "potential" £3.5m, or nothing.

They turn this down and they will be made to look the baddies. I cannot see how the passing of the plans are anything other than a formality now.

They could defer the decision again though. Which would cause a big big big headache for Ron.

Just re-read the committee report from the meeting on 20th December 2012 (where the application was deferred) - at that time we were only offering £2.25m so the delay has proved profitable for the Council, getting Sainsburys/Ron to put an extra £1.25m on the table.

HOWEVER

The proposed phasing is now quite different. Back in December it was a simple £1.45m on commencement of development (Stadium) and £800,000 on commencement of retail.

Now it is £0.5m on start on site of retail pk, £0.5m on opening for trade of 1st unit, £0.5m on opening of 6th/7th unit, £1m on opening of final retail unit, and £1m on opening of trade of hotel and enabling west stand development.

So although there is more money on the table, all payments are now linked to the bits that have nothing to do with Sainsburys getting us off the Roots Hall site!

That sound eminently more sensible, why should "compensation" for competition be due before one of the competitors has even been built.

Its all bollocks.

Funny how the payments are now linked to the parts of the development that are not even "guaranteed" to be built.

The council have now been backed into a corner. And they now have to either accept a "potential" £3.5m, or nothing.

They turn this down and they will be made to look the baddies. I cannot see how the passing of the plans are anything other than a formality now.

They could defer the decision again though. Which would cause a big big big headache for Ron.

And much more importantly, a big big headache for us.

Its all bollocks.

Agree with you 100 pc ,the compensation package is bollaaxs anyway,done deal ,why is Phil Brown at SUFC? Because the property man from Hull is here.

Interesting reading , i think the councillors will pass it ,reading that, its in their interests too as well as RM and Sainsburys.All will be built i have no doubt , afterall isnt the 4th phase the hotel etc RM s baby. without that he loses. and the councillors also may be looking for another job next elections .They have been elected to not only do the right thing for Southend but also the people.

Back