• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New Kit thread 2019/20

No Nik, think they've tried to do so somewhat this year but they have to work within parameters.

Not arguing with you Kay, but if we’re bound by those parameters, how comes they gave us a voting option a few years ago - the season we played in the cherry voltage?.

Surely we were confined by those same parameters back then, as we are now?

Not arguing with you Kay, but if we’re bound by those parameters, how comes they gave us a voting option a few years ago - the season we played in the cherry voltage?.

Surely we were confined by those same parameters back then, as we are now?
The options were all Nike stock templates weren't they? I vaguely remember there being another team that used the same cherry voltage kit as us that year. We just got to vote for which one we wanted.

Whoever voted for the Voltage Cherry shirt deserves castrating with a blunt spoon. Pah!

The options were all Nike stock templates weren't they? I vaguely remember there being another team that used the same cherry voltage kit as us that year. We just got to vote for which one we wanted.

Yes that’s precisely what I’m saying. Why can’t the club choose 3 or 4 stock templates from the Nike range, and then allow us to vote & decide the final pick?

I understand we can’t get remotely creative with the standard Nike bilge, and I understand that we’re stuck with that. But I can’t understand why the club allowed us to do it previously, and have since, stopped it altogether, despite - arguably - the general disappointment towards kits over the past few years

Sorry to ask this if its already been mentioned but why are we stuck with Nike. Rhys mentioned its not that easy to switch kit suppliers.

Is it due to being tied in with the Just Sport shop etc ? ( if we are tied in that is )

Sorry to ask this if its already been mentioned but why are we stuck with Nike. Rhys mentioned its not that easy to switch kit suppliers.

Is it due to being tied in with the Just Sport shop etc ? ( if we are tied in that is )

We’re stuck with them because we keep signing new contracts with them. Apparently the current one runs until the end of the 2020/21 season.

I don’t see what is so difficult about changing kit suppliers. Perhaps because the deal encompasses so much more than just kit supply, I don’t know. But I certainly don’t buy any notion that it’s down to money because of other League 1 and League 2 clubs can afford to go with other suppliers then so can we.

Unfortunately I think it’s laziness.

It's to do with the running of the shop guys. Other kit suppliers were looked at but it did not work with the running of the shop so here we are - still with Nike

It's to do with the running of the shop guys. Other kit suppliers were looked at but it did not work with the running of the shop so here we are - still with Nike

Then bring the running of the club shop back in-house, or outsource it to another company if you really can’t do it in-house. I can’t understand why the running of the shop and the kit supplier have to be inextricably linked in that way. It’s a bad deal and it was a silly deal to sign in the first place. We shouldn’t be held to ransom over our kit supplier.

Then bring the running of the club shop back in-house, or outsource it to another company if you really can’t do it in-house. I can’t understand why the running of the shop and the kit supplier have to be inextricably linked in that way. It’s a bad deal and it was a silly deal to sign in the first place. We shouldn’t be held to ransom over our kit supplier.
Tell the club how to run the club then?

All I’m saying is I don’t see the need for that model, and as usual it’s the fans who get the raw end of the deal when it comes to the kits.

I'd expect all avenues are looked at but the one that wins is the one that costs the least for the club. They probably don't want the cost of having to change the running of that shop because they don't actually plan on using that club shop for that much longer.

Back