• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Dont understand why people are getting so wound up by the price. People on twitter saying its a disgrace. The kit is made by Nike, therefore you have to take that into account. What club we are or what league we are in is irrelevant. Its an item of clothing and as its Nike you pay Nike prices. If you dont want to pay the price then dont, but i really dont see what the fuss is all about.

It's not out of my price range. But I am amazed our fans think it's normal nowadays to buy, at the top end of price for kits when we are in League 2. German football know what they are doing now, cheap so everyone can be a fan. Cheap season tickets and cheap tops. This game is all about the supporters.
Unfortunately it's not. It's all about money.

Annoying, and bad marketing, that our new away kit won't be available until AFTER our first away game !

Boycott buying the kit?

£40 seems to be the going rate, unless you are Wimbledon. Is £4 worthy of a boycott?

An email to the club may be in order though, they didn't set the price but must have some influence and should know if people are unhappy.

£4 wouldnt put me off, but it not great seeing ours as the 2nd most expensive shirt from the ones Ive checked.

It's not out of my price range. But I am amazed our fans think it's normal nowadays to buy, at the top end of price for kits when we are in League 2. German football know what they are doing now, cheap so everyone can be a fan. Cheap season tickets and cheap tops. This game is all about the supporters.

The only thing that should be affected by price is this really. If we were paying the same price to watch southend as arsenal i could totally see why people would argue the case. Not for an item if branded clothing.

Are tops cheap ? Bayern Munich shirts are 60 euros by look of it.

New Dortmund shirt £55, Byern Shirt £60

The new Bayern shirt is 80 euros for adults, go to Australia and you'll be paying $120+ .... £44 doesn't sound too bad now.

The new Bayern shirt is 80 euros for adults, go to Australia and you'll be paying $120+ .... £44 doesn't sound too bad now.

£44 equates to 55 euros and 79 Aus Dollars. The Bayern and Australian shirts are more expensive equivalent wise. I guess you need to take into account the cost of living and average wage in each of these countries to get a true reflection

You really think people care who the sponsor is?

All I care about is whether it ruins the look of the shirt, Im sure it will be fairly discreet.

To be honest it will probably make the difference for me in terms of whether I buy it or not.

Not certain I can adequately articulate the reason but yeah, that's where I am.

Germans work less hours for more money on average so it's swings and roundabouts, however if our new shirt has Martin Dawn on it then I will 100% not be buying it

Shouldn't matter if the club is in the Premiership, League 2 or the Essex Senior League. They should all be the same as they're all the same quality.
not neceserrillay. Many Prem kits are bespoke designs, so the prices should be higher, while many League 2 kits will be generic templates, so should be cheaper.

Just be glad we're not i the Spanish lower divisions! In addition to Culteral Leonesa's Tuxedo kits, here's the new home & away kits from CD Lugo...

1406051292679_wps_6_CD_Lugo_Twitter_CDeportiv.jpg

1406051340696_wps_7_CD_Lugo_Twitter_CDeportiv.jpg

not neceserrillay. Many Prem kits are bespoke designs, so the prices should be higher, while many League 2 kits will be generic templates, so should be cheaper.

Just be glad we're not i the Spanish lower divisions! In addition to Culteral Leonesa's Tuxedo kits, here's the new home & away kits from CD Lugo...

1406051340696_wps_7_CD_Lugo_Twitter_CDeportiv.jpg

That's absolutely disgraceful. If the club tried to palm that first one off on us I'd ask for a top up.

It's called head not shoulders.

it's an improvement this seasons kit.... however, spoke with AVEC they want to make our kits, and do them tailored for us. see rather that than having the same kit as concord... .they put passion in designing the kits. not a big fan of Nike teamwear

Nice drop, that Estrella Galicia - I'm sold!

I seem to recall that you can buy that kit template for like £18 from the Nike store.

Thats retail outlets for you, they want to make money.

Dont forget they still have to put the badge and sponsor on, and this might be me making stuff up but I heard the Martin Dawn logo is going to be gold plated.

Thats retail outlets for you, they want to make money.

Dont forget they still have to put the badge and sponsor on, and this might be me making stuff up but I heard the Martin Dawn logo is going to be gold plated.
Blatant misuse of the treasure war chest, Martini to walk the plank !!!!

Back