• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New OR Old Club Song?

GregStarz

Manager
I saw a programme the other day on tv and I found it very interesting.

The programme was about all the football teams songs, how they started etc etc

Anyway to my amazement they went on to Manchester City and started to say the following. "Blue Moon is often sang at Manchester City games, however this song was started by Southend United back in the (i think he said) 70's and Manchester City took it from Southend and another team (can't remember who he said but I think it might of been Macclesfield.

Sooooooooo

With this in mind, and the little connection we have with City and the fact we are desperatley trying to get our own song..... Why don't we take it back to the club who started it back in the 70's?! US!!

BLLLLUUUUUUEEEEEE MOOOOOOOOOOON

Hmmmm dont have many memories of singing it myself however perhaps we should adopt the Marcels version of said song anyone with a deep voice to start us off ? "ba ba ba ber dagger dag dag diggy digdig b b b b blu blue moon" :cool:

Thats a great song. Was the said programme a little feature on sky sports news coz i saw something similar the other day where they were debating who sung You'll never walk alone, first. They then went on to talk about other clubs such as Man City, Swansea, etc. If Blue Moon is our song then its a great one for us to sing but I get the feeling now that its so heavily associated with City that we'll get slagged off for copying even tho its ours!

No it was a programme on 1 of the sky channels.

I did see that on sky sports news aswell though. It was deffo our song many many years ago and I really think we need something like this!

Yes Man City do sing it every game BUT there is no reason why it can't be ours, especially if WE originally had it!

then perhaps we ought to have a serious think about it.....Hows the ring of fire....is it catching on as they played it the other day......or perhaps an essex anthem from one of our well known pop bands....whatever its got to be easy to sing and remember....

i really like the ring of fire and think we should use it more, but you know how every club has there own song that no one else sings, we don't have that! we need a really quality one!

I think Blue Moon would be a great choice, if only we can be sure that we originated it. I personally don't ever remember hearing it (first game 1976).

in the seventies we always used to sing i do like to be beside the seaside and everybody joined in as it was associated with southend...a great tune and easy to remember.....

Footie version!

Bluuuuuuuuuuuue Mooooooooooooon
You saw me standing alooooooone
Without a dream in my heaaaaaaarrrt
Without a love of my oooooooooown

BLUEEEEEEEE MOOOOOOOOOON!!!

Maybe finish with a southend (clap clap clap) southend (clap clap clap) lol

The good thing about this song is you can really give it your all with passion and sing it with pride!

Back