• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New P.A Announcer...

New P.A Announcer... - U decide?

• Clubshop Steve

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Geoff Cox

• The New Guy

• Total voters
Danny dyer would be good!!

cool.gif

I actually listened to the new guy last night and thought the improvement was pretty vast. Not sure he should be getting villified because of the alleged situation.

Funny poll this one, the majority of posters were shocked that Geoff Cox/Allen was pushed out and now a witch hunt on ousting the new guy seems to be on the cards re the voting

Isn't this the same thing but in reverse, Im sure Mr Cox/Allen would be disappointed to see this happen, and wouldn't want it to happen .

Person view I don't give a monkeys who shouts out the team, but I wouldn't mind being paid over £ 20 to call out the teams, and I suppose a free ticket for the game, so all in all about £ 35 - £ 40, not bad for a few hours for a team you love & support.

Perhaps like a new player if we all give him some confidence he will perform better, just a thought and maybe a better mic and speakers
biggrin.gif

I thought the new guy was enthusiastic all of the time, which made moments like a goal scorers name being called out less exciting - if you see what I mean? Sorry not being very clear!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave Smiths Love Child @ Sep. 30 2005,08:23)]Funny poll this one, the majority of posters were shocked that Geoff Cox/Allen was pushed out and now a witch hunt on ousting the new guy seems to be on the cards re the voting

Isn't this the same thing but in reverse, Im sure Mr Cox/Allen would be disappointed to see this happen, and wouldn't want it to happen.

Agree.

None of this is the new guys fault, although he obviously is only a short term solution. Carl Bailey is the issue and his obvious 'control' over the club on matchdays. I will gladly offer to train the new p.a. (lol) for free, if so wished. The team is the most important thing above all else... although that doesn't stop me being any less peeved off about the situation.

In case you didn't know...  'Jeff Allen' was my 'Stage Name' for 20 years throughout my Club DJ career. Allen is my middle name (dropped my Cox!) and I changed the first name spelling as thought it looked better. Geoff (Allen) Cox is my real name, which I have now reverted back to.
glare.gif

The new guy is crap! I couldn't make out the team when it was announced. Also, get rid of the LOUD music! My season ticket is right in front of one of these speakers and i can hardly hear my mate next to me at half time (especially at Bluebelles time).

Lastly, the pies are too expensive!!
biggrin.gif

than what !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Updates: One high profile person who regularly views this site made a point of saying that he'd had my version of events confirmed by a senior source within SUFC. Also, a number of top club sponsors and 2 SUFC Directors made a point of stopping me, to show their support, with one in particular being very emphatic. In addition, I have received a text from another senior personnel within SUFC offering apologies for "What went on...".

Out of respect, all should remain nameless.

Thanks again.
wink.gif

Sorry... forgot to say - Many thanks to everyone who made a point of saying hi at Gillingham and offering support. It was good to put some names to faces - you know who you are. Much appreciated!

Back