• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I was in the club shop around 11:15 today getting my 5 year old a home kit and the boxes just arrived.
As the staff were opening the boxes I asked if it was Pink or Cherry Voltage... After their initial horror of not only the colour but Martin Dawn Plc on the back, they said they think it's officially known as 'Pink Voltage'. I think we were both taking the mick.
Not as loud as last year's, maybe a bit prouder perhaps. I actually played in that very same kit a few years back for a Sunday side, certainly built team spirit. Not as bad as what people feared - it ain't Palermo.
Anyway for those getting a kids kit, it's only £22 and doesn't have Martin Dawn Plc stuck on the back (which looks peelable for any adults getting the shirt). This is because it's actually made by Avec and not Nike. I was told by staff that due to high demand they decided to do the kids kit themselves (shorts have no badge and socks are excluded).
My boy has like many others this week been wearing his full £35 West Ham (most prem clubs £35 for the lot whereas Southemd £36 just for the top) kit to the Southend United Soccer School, only a few kids are wearing the Shrimpers kit, but I think he wants a pic with a player tomorrow and Sammy the Shrimp.
That or dare I say it, he actually comes from a West Ham family with morals
Anyway, that's £72 this week from my pocket into Southend United's.

Picked up our Bristol Rovers tickets today. Mrs RHB said she absolutely loved the new away shirt and the colour was fabulous. Even worse, she said she would wear one. I told her that in that case she could buy it. Interest waned at that point. I think it's worse than the old Voltage Cherry one, and that's going some.

Ordering the pink beast today, don't live your life/choose colours by what society tells you!

For those that wanted an Avec kit and even better, those that wanted a royal blue kit have you checked out this training top in the club shop? Not bad...

http://shrimpers.clubstore.co.uk/su-8025-elite-training-jsy

Just whack a Rossi Ice Cream sticker on the front to complete the look plus you're not advertising Uncle Ronny's empire!

Thanks FF, for the last few years the training kits have been, IMO, better than the "real" kit.

And for those that haven't noticed there has been NO ​actual football/game reports from the kit fetisher Mork Stewart.

I like the training top (it's available in navy as well I think?) apart from that white bit in the middle of the neck! Pointless!

I like the training top (it's available in navy as well I think?) apart from that white bit in the middle of the neck! Pointless!

Better than a plain old single colour top IMO. I personally prefer kits/training tops with a different colour trim of some sort...

What's better? This...

Luke-Prosser-Southend-United-Kit-2013.jpg Too plain for me, of course, I bought it, but never really liked it.

Or this...

SUFC-Home-Shirt-2013.jpg White trim makes it miles better...

Just my opinion though! :thumbsup:

THAT goalie strip for Swindon Town, HOW candy lush was that PINK strip?

Where are you Mork Steward? expert's opinion required?

I don't think he goes to games but interjects here most May/June months trying to get us all to wear Brechin or Morton type kits.

Much obliged 'Massimo'

Who is the fella in the South Upper, though? .. Very entertaining.

Last night included "Oi goalie. Are you scared of the ball?!" .. "I'm talking to you goalie" .. "Don't ignore me, goalie!" :smile:

Back