• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New players before Saturday?

New players before Saturday? - Will we sign anyone in time for Saturday

• Yes, we will sign at least 2 new players before Saturday

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, we will sign at least 1 new player before Saturday

• Yes, we will sign at more than 2 new players before Saturday

• No. Going to have to go with what we have got.

• Total voters

tonyc

With just over 3 days to go, does anyone think we will sign anyone before the big kick-off? Is there anyone in the pipeline? Serb? Dudds? the Goat, Dennis Oli?
Vote now!

What's the score with the deadline - is it Saturday or have we got until the end of August?

Ever the pessimistic optimist, I've voted for at least 1 - I'm sure Jozic will be signed by the weekend, hopefully a striker too.

as 'certain un-named forum members' are convinced we're offering peanuts, how about Nelly the Elephant up front? might scare a defender or two, probably has a better turn of pace than Sir Les... although i've heard a rumour she's got two left feet.

tounge.gif

But is that End of August for players currently under contract? I asked this in another thread and the outcome was we can sign players out of contract through the season, just not in contract transfers.
Can anyone confirm?
Tony C

[b said:
Quote[/b] (tonyc @ Aug. 02 2005,13:53)]But is that End of August for players currently under contract? I asked this in another thread and the outcome was we can sign players out of contract through the season, just not in contract transfers.
Can anyone confirm?
Tony C
You are correct tonyc... we can engage players on a non-contractual basis even when the window closes.

No. The transfer window shuts on the 31st of August. Until then we can sign players from other clubs, not just out of contract players.

I think we'll sign Jozic, and that's pretty much it...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (tonyc @ Aug. 02 2005,12:53)]But is that End of August for players currently under contract? I asked this in another thread and the outcome was we can sign players out of contract through the season, just not in contract transfers.
Can anyone confirm?
Tony C
yes this is true. We can also loan players during the course of the season.

i reckon two by saturday - The Serb and The Goat

sounds like two dogy wrestlers

laugh.gif

Would my assumption that most lower league transactions are out of contract players?
I guess though that rules out a move for Oli after the end of August.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (tonyc @ Aug. 02 2005,13:11)]Would my assumption that most lower league transactions are out of contract players?
I guess though that rules out a move for Oli after the end of August.
that is interesting. does anyone know due to he plays football in the conference and they do not have the same transfer restraints as us as far as i am aware

I think the window closes for US as a league club signing players on a contractual basis regardless of what level of football they play and where they play it.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (hexagon_sun @ Aug. 02 2005,12:42)]Ever the pessimistic optimist, I've voted for at least 1 - I'm sure Jozic will be signed by the weekend, hopefully a striker too.
I think Tilly will pull a couple of rough diamonds from the Premier$hite and some raw talent in time for saturday. Our team will have so many options for tactical play that we will storm this division, get to the FA Cup quarter finals, win the LDV (third time lucky), Freddy will win an international cap (probably for Republic of Ireland) and Che will grab a brace against the Saints in the League Cup.

How's that for optimism?

Back