• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Chalky

Coach
Phil Brown has revealed in the echo he hopes to sign a attack minded youngster on loan from a premier league club. I do know that Phil was at the Leicester u21 game the other night?

Right, I will start the rumours. Chris Phillips has just started following West Ham Youngster Joe Powell on twitter, who I believe is a left midfielder...

Discuss away chaps!

My guess is on another thread but I'm going for Parfitt-Williams from West Ham also.

Phil Brown has revealed in the echo he hopes to sign a attack minded youngster on loan from a premier league club. I do know that Phil was at the Leicester u21 game the other night?

Right, I will start the rumours. Chris Phillips has just started following West Ham Youngster Joe Powell on twitter, who I believe is a left midfielder...

Discuss away chaps!

Only 16, maybe a bit soon for him, sounds promising though

So would such a signing be to add to the squad or to replace someone "moving on"? And if the latter, then who?

Hash tag: Questiontime

I've always wondered why, despite being in close proximity to the likes of Arsenal chelsea QPR palace Watford WestHam etc, we don't utilise this more? Set up some type of affiliate system?

(I know we've loaned a few from each in the past before people bite my head off!)

I've always wondered why, despite being in close proximity to the likes of Arsenal chelsea QPR palace Watford WestHam etc, we don't utilise this more? Set up some type of affiliate system?

(I know we've loaned a few from each in the past before people bite my head off!)

Yes, we could loan out a few of our promising youngsters to them to get some experience before putting them into our first team. :thumbsup:

I think a bigger problem is this U-21 league. Fine for the big clubs with a huge squad and oodles of youngsters to play. For a club such as ours, that has a limited squad size, it puts our fringe players into an infrequent and unchallenging format that will not get them close to first team ready.

I believe we are overdue loaning out Williams, Bridge, Matzusaka and Kpryianou for a broader experience again . Under 21s not enough to cut it and improve

It's a circle. The squad players stagnate and so to improve things we need to overlook them and dip into the loan market. Loans are fine but many clubs would need less if their own squad was able to progress more. Swindon wasca fine example. Six changes due to a new player brought in, who had not played regularly either, injuries and loanees returning to their host clubs. The six were not fully first team ready, due to poor squad rotation, and I have no idea how any one of them were accountable for the mess that followed.

Blues close to signing Premier League youngster on loan

SOUTHEND United manager Phil Brown is confident of signing another attacker in time for him to figure against Coventry City this weekend.

More...

Back