• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

RobM

55 years as a supporter!⭐
Two friendlies in - what are your verdicts so far on

Turner
Kightly
Hendrie
Yearwood (a potential at least)?

Turner - clearly played at a higher level and reads the game very well. Good in the air, only concern with him and AF might be pace

Kightly - looks like the class player that he clearly is at this level. Good with both feet, pacey and eye for a pass. Can see him linking up well with the front men

Hendrie - really like this guy. For me the fact that Coker is injured then if Hendrie starts the season at left back then more than happy

Yearwood (a potential at least)? a real find, doesnt looked out of place in this team. Reminds me a lot of Keith Jones back in the day

Turner
Kightly
Hendrie
Yearwood (a potential at least)?

Turner- not as consistent as Constable but a good English painter
Kightly- an excellent performance in The Imitation Game. Looking forward to her new role Colette with Dominic West
Hendrie - one of the greats, but I still like Steve Davis.
Yearwood - I like his impressions, not keen on his comedy.

Lets hope young Yearwoods mum and dad see the chance there young son will have learning his trade with Southend united .And can see that the goonners kicked him out at a tender age .And we picked him off the floor and turned him into a hot prospect .

Two games in my verdict on the new signings is it is far too early to reach any kind of verdict on the new signings.

The 18 year old French trialist striker who played at Lowestoft is to spend another week at Southend after impressing Phil Brown.

Rupert Pif I believe. Barrel-chested but quick forward who began his career with Angers before moving to Nice before finally hitting his stride at National level Sete where he scored 204 goals in just 44 games. His uncle Claude was Mark Hateley's chauffeur when he played for Monaco in the 80s.

If he's only 18 and he has that many games under his belt with that scoring record his got to be worth a punt?!

Even if it is Conference standard... Time is on his side.

Rupert Pif I believe. Barrel-chested but quick forward who began his career with Angers before moving to Nice before finally hitting his stride at National level Sete where he scored 204 goals in 206 games. His uncle Claude was Mark Hateley's chauffeur when he played for Monaco in the 80s.

See post 8 mate, direct from Chris Phillips Twitter account so must be true.

Chris Phillips‏ @CJPhillips1982 2h

French striker is called Amadou. All I know at the moment.

2:44 am - 20 Jul 2017

Non! Ça fait trembler les oreilles!

#google translate is great isn't it. :smile:

Haven't resorted to Google translate yet, but you are really stretching my very rusty parlez vous francais. Therefore I am resisting any more responses. I can't believe you've never done dad dancing to Agadoo, its part of the basic Dad skill set.

Rupert Pif I believe. Barrel-chested but quick forward who began his career with Angers before moving to Nice before finally hitting his stride at National level Sete where he scored 204 goals in just 44 games. His uncle Claude was Mark Hateley's chauffeur when he played for Monaco in the 80s.

Have to sign someone who is a) Named after a bear and b) A form of document you can read online.

Better than Yogi Docx. He's just full of bugs.

Haha. You made him up in 2007, in the thread about most disliked players that played for Southend.

NZamba Legend
21-03-2007, 01:32 PM
Mark Rawle- Liquid cack.
Tony Scully- Wing wizard/ heap of ****.
Scott Houghton- too depressed after thinking about Tony Scully to even explain

The nearly men-
Simon Coleman- poor man's Ben Lewis
that Marney player who acted like he was doing us a big favour by 'dropping down' to play for Southend (where are you now?)
Cliff Hutchings- ****ing rubbish
Rupert Pif- made him up

Never seen him play , never heard of him , we dont need another striker.

BUT i think we should sign him up just so that when he starts warming up from the bench we can start singing all manner of crazy old songs to him as a tribute ..... Agadoo , Rock me Amadous , Xanadu ..... ( these are for old Shrimpers only ! )

His confidence will be boosted and he might come on with extra Vavavoom ! :clap:

Back