• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New Stadium name?

As I mentioned in the Vic Jobson thread, his vision 20 odd years ago was to call the stadium by the name of someone willing to pay sponsorship money for the privilege. That has been done by others since - eg Stoke. Suggest we look no further than that - make money out of the name for the benefit for SUFC.

Oh something classy then like.....

Bob's Discount Windows Stadium

- G

The [insert sponsors name] Southend Arena

Not far off there mate, i spoke to a certain person 6 months ago and asked the same question and got a reply saying......it will defiantly be named after the main sponsor

the mel slack stadium

The BAG

or, my fave, the bluetonic bowl

Who ever we can guess that will be the main sponsor of the stadium will get the privilege.........

I Personally think that RBS are a good bet as well

Fossetts Stadium,
Bluedome,
The Ron Martin Memorial Stadium (He was the one to make it all happen),
The Blue Camp.

They are the ones that I thought of, From the list above, I like The ShrimperDome, very clever.

Last edited:
I can fully see it being "The RBS Stadium, Southend"

Id personally prefer it to be "Ron Martin's House of Funk"

Or possibly, to finally get one over Camp Bling et al and all the attempted plots to stop the development from happening, can we please call it "Newts Hall"?

Nou Camp Bling?

In all honesty, I think the stadium will be called whatever the highest bidder wants to call it. And I for one wouldnt mind that at all. If it was the straight choice between calling it something poignant / significant, or calling it after a sponsor, I dont think we are big enough to be turning away commercial opportunities that would give the club more money*.

* Provided the money was going into the clubs coffers.

i am firmly against anything named after a company, i know this is a way to get more money in but as far as i'm concerned this is the wrong way to go. you need to be proud of the name of the stadium. for me there is only two options. 1) Fossetts farm 2) The New Roots Hall Stadium

Back