• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New Stadium update

You’d like to think that this has been worked on alongside discussions with Southend council on what it is likely to be approved when it gets resubmitted.

But this is Southend council we’re talking about so not holding my breath one bit.

Well I'm going to buck the trend that it's cool to cynical on this topic. The very fact that the club have released this after weeks/months of fans saying nothing is happening or Southend are ****e at everything stadium, gives me hope that it could now be near. And yes I'm a little excited purely because if we do get in there 2024/25 I should still be around to 'enjoy' it.

Booking my flights back to Southend for August 2024 for the first game of the season when we are back to League 1 and get to play Morecambe in our brand new stadium....
And we all know how that will end... (Bogey Team No. 17). It'll be like the christening of the New Den.

Great to get a positive statement from the club at last and that substantial progress has been made in moving to a New stadium hopefully work will start soon.
I for one cant wait for 2024/25 season and watching the blues in a New stadium fit for 21 century.

Reactions: RHB
Good to have something in the news about it. I am a bit disappointed that capacity has been cut by 4000 though. It is probably a sensible move given where we are, but clearly not as ambitious a scheme as when we were championship / league 1. I hope if we do hit the promised land, building more seats is achievable without having to go through all this again.

It would have been good to see something like a high level timeline, but given every other one went to pot it’s probably not worth the cost to produce.

I’ll believe this when I see spades in the ground. As for reduced capacity, don’t really care, the longer we stay at the Hall the more I fear for the future of this club. We need to aim for something realistic.

Am I the only one that remains worried about the first phase being 3 sided.

The one thing that made me less concerned was all of the corporate that made building a 4th side essential.

Now that corporate is in the 3rd sided stadium, what's to stop the 4th side ever being built.

Given the choice of a roots hall stay or a 3 sided stadium, I'd stay at the hall all day long.

Am I the only one that remains worried about the first phase being 3 sided.

The one thing that made me less concerned was all of the corporate that made building a 4th side essential.

Now that corporate is in the 3rd sided stadium, what's to stop the 4th side ever being built.

Given the choice of a roots hall stay or a 3 sided stadium, I'd stay at the hall all day long.
Not a choice that has ever been on offer Tommy. And if it had ever been, then there would have been no easy exit route for Ron to bail out, post stadium commissioning, (if that happens).

The futures bright.....never heard that one before. Same **** different decade. Waiting for 'onwards and upwards' to make a return.

Is this bad news for the council? Will the housing development also be delayed?

Not sure that the ground will ever increase its capacity, if we reached the championship or premiershite,
In the statement it mentioned that Bournmouth and Brentford have a low capacity in the top flight and that we seem to be using them both as model of what we can achieve.

Not a choice that has ever been on offer Tommy. And if it had ever been, then there would have been no easy exit route for Ron to bail out, post stadium commissioning, (if that happens).
It’s a good point from Tommy. The reason Ron always gave for the 4th stand was the commercials. It’s unclear whether that’s cut here and redistributed to phase 1, or whether it’s just more commercials across the piece. If it’s the former, then what is the incentive for anyone to build stand 4?

Back