• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

May as well take this opportunity for a plug, dear readers. Issue 45 is out Friday night and has interviews with Leo Roget and Chris Phillips, plus loads and loads of other stuff, priced at £1.

Opportunity well taken. Great post Jai.

Incidentally, do you do any form of mail order on All At Sea?

As others have mentioned on this thread, I am one of the co-editors of All At Sea and we are always looking for contributors (and at the moment are on the lookout for a co-editor mainly to improve our website, so if you have expertise in that side of things I'd be interested to hear from you), so please feel free to send any articles, cartoons, or whatever in to us.

If you did want to run with the idea of producing your own, you wouldn't need permission from the club. The only legal obligation is you must send one copy of every issue to the British Library. We are not particularly popular with the club (relations soured somewhat when we started to ask awkward questions about the club's finances in about 2009) but we don't sell on the football club's property and our co-editors (well, two of us) are trained in media law so know better than to print anything that might give them an excuse to come after us.

If you do want any advice about starting up, I'd be happy to help. At one time this club used to have about six 'zines (although that was before the internet message board boom that has killed off an awful lot of club fanzines) so I am sure there would be room for both and you'd certainly get no animosity from us, we have been going 10 years and have an established readership. It is great fun to do, and I remember we pretty much knocked out Pier Pressure in our sixth form common room so it can be done (it was rubbish but we were quite young at the time!)

As for selling them for 20p, I think you would struggle with that, you would need a very cheap printer to work with.

May as well take this opportunity for a plug, dear readers. Issue 45 is out Friday night and has interviews with Leo Roget and Chris Phillips, plus loads and loads of other stuff, priced at £1.

Could you give a few to the TZ coaches for the Morecambe game please mate? I'll need something to read for that one and for a mere £1, you can't go wrong really.

We do indeed. Webstore is http://allatseafanzine.angelfire.com link for the new issue will go live tomorrow. We charge £1.50 including postage per issue for UK delivery, we send abroad but costs vary depending on where we're sending it. Normally send out 1st class on same day as order is received.

Could you give a few to the TZ coaches for the Morecambe game please mate? I'll need something to read for that one and for a mere £1, you can't go wrong really.

I will see Wino tomorrow hopefully and give him the usual consignment.

You are obviously passionate about the club and like the idea of writing about them, which I totally get. Being constructive, 20p each will lose you a lot of money and instead of dealing with all the hassle of printing, distributing etc. why don't you sign up to wordpress (blogging site) and you can start blogging about the club? Include as much content as you want, articles/cartoons/pictures and guage how well received your content is first before you make the decision to start printing. That way, you'll have a much better idea of what your demand is and the feedback will enable you to see if it is worthwhile. Good luck :thumbsup:

You are obviously passionate about the club and like the idea of writing about them, which I totally get. Being constructive, 20p each will lose you a lot of money and instead of dealing with all the hassle of printing, distributing etc. why don't you sign up to wordpress (blogging site) and you can start blogging about the club? Include as much content as you want, articles/cartoons/pictures and guage how well received your content is first before you make the decision to start printing. That way, you'll have a much better idea of what your demand is and the feedback will enable you to see if it is worthwhile. Good luck :thumbsup:

Thank you! This is an idea worth looking into! :thumbsup:

New fanzine!!!!

Hi All,

As per my previous thread, where I discussed the possibility of a new fanzine, to go alongside All At Sea, i would quickly like to thank everyone who gave me advice and guidence! I honestly didn't think that many people would be interested! So again, thank you for taking an interest, may this be the start of a new fanzine? I hope so!

Right!

Does anyone have any ideas for what we could call the new fanzine?

All ideas will hopefully then be put into a poll so we can all vote!

Hi All,

As per my previous thread
, where I discussed the possibility of a new fanzine, to go alongside All At Sea, i would quickly like to thank everyone who gave me advice and guidence! I honestly didn't think that many people would be interested! So again, thank you for taking an interest, may this be the start of a new fanzine? I hope so!

Right!

No need for a new thread.

As others have mentioned on this thread, I am one of the co-editors of All At Sea and we are always looking for contributors (and at the moment are on the lookout for a co-editor mainly to improve our website, so if you have expertise in that side of things I'd be interested to hear from you), so please feel free to send any articles, cartoons, or whatever in to us.

If you did want to run with the idea of producing your own, you wouldn't need permission from the club. The only legal obligation is you must send one copy of every issue to the British Library. We are not particularly popular with the club (relations soured somewhat when we started to ask awkward questions about the club's finances in about 2009) but we don't sell on the football club's property and our co-editors (well, two of us) are trained in media law so know better than to print anything that might give them an excuse to come after us.

If you do want any advice about starting up, I'd be happy to help. At one time this club used to have about six 'zines (although that was before the internet message board boom that has killed off an awful lot of club fanzines) so I am sure there would be room for both and you'd certainly get no animosity from us, we have been going 10 years and have an established readership. It is great fun to do, and I remember we pretty much knocked out Pier Pressure in our sixth form common room so it can be done (it was rubbish but we were quite young at the time!)

As for selling them for 20p, I think you would struggle with that, you would need a very cheap printer to work with.

Can you go to the British Library and read back copies of All At Sea?

I wonder if the Roar is also there. I'd love to revisit them.

I used to be the editor of the Roots Hall Roar (was only 50p!!!!). It was really quite a lot of work unless you get a lot of regular contributors and more importantly people to help sell it.
I was not trained in media law and Vic Jobson was only to happy to try to get people to sue me, including Peter Taylor, Foster cars etc. Even Nicky Hayes for using his photos on ocassions, he told me Vic insisted (however I wasnt worth sueing).
We was quite near the knuckle at times, we was also quite anti Vic (I would have a field day with the current regime), but I think it was generally a funny read and was worth the effort.
I am sure that I still have loads of back copies in the loft though.

I used to be the editor of the Roots Hall Roar (was only 50p!!!!). It was really quite a lot of work unless you get a lot of regular contributors and more importantly people to help sell it.
I was not trained in media law and Vic Jobson was only to happy to try to get people to sue me, including Peter Taylor, Foster cars etc. Even Nicky Hayes for using his photos on ocassions, he told me Vic insisted (however I wasnt worth sueing).
We was quite near the knuckle at times, we was also quite anti Vic (I would have a field day with the current regime), but I think it was generally a funny read and was worth the effort.

Does that mean it's not stored in the British Library for posterity?:'(

I feel the British people have been robbed.

The Roar was brilliant.:Worthy:

Perfectly possible for two 'zines to run concurrently at a small club - Orient have two that have both been going for over 20 years. One is a tub-thumping, everything-about-Orient-is-brilliant-and-West-Ham-are-evil, call-to-arms type; the other a navel-gazing, occasionally intellectual ray of self-hating misanthropy. Know your target audience is my advice...

Hi All,

As per my previous thread, where I discussed the possibility of a new fanzine, to go alongside All At Sea, i would quickly like to thank everyone who gave me advice and guidence! I honestly didn't think that many people would be interested! So again, thank you for taking an interest, may this be the start of a new fanzine? I hope so!

Right!

Is 1995 the year you were born in or the year that we have all been teleported back to?

Good luck to you mate. Fair play. But launching a new fanzine now seems very..... retro!

I've quite a few saved somewhere (and WTSSG too). Used to love some of the quotes at the back.

This thread is getting me all nostalgic. I'll be pining for defence-splitting through-balls for Dave Regis to run onto next.

I loved the "Roar" and "What's the Story", long live the fanzine.:thumbsup:

Will pick up a copy of "All at Sea" from you on Friday Jai.

Personally I like the way the original poster is trying to show a bit of entrepreneurs spirit and he seems a good lad.

I think the fanzine market is covered. Jai and the boys do a great job and at £1 for a few hours read its going to be hard to beat. I would say why don't you write a few articles for AAS and see how it goes. Might be harder than you think to come up with original content.

Don't stop thinking of ideas my friend. For me this is not the one and at 20p you are going to make a loss every time I suspect. I wonder what the break even is for AAS - Must cost the boys a fair bit to produce. I suspect its a labour of love rather than a profit making venture.

Back