• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New York billionaires

Got to hand it to Martin, he has really set a kite flying with last week's press conference and must be mightily amused by all this feverish speculation. Meanwhile, back in the real world, the end of the month is not far away and unimportant matters like paying the players and staff won't just go away

Well Wesley Robert Eden would be a good shout already into sports as part owner of Milwaukee Bucks also has a stake in Aston Villa and other sporting enterprises, Buy SUFC plus stadium etc ,it really could be his Garden of Eden on the Eseex Riviera.

Not a billionaire but give me Jerry Seinfeld
[Scene: Monk’s Cafe]

Jerry: So, I heard that the Southend United soccer team is up for sale.

Elaine: Soccer? You don’t know anything about soccer.

Jerry: So what? I know a good business opportunity when I see one.

George: (entering) Hey guys, what’s up?

Jerry: I’m thinking about buying the Southend United soccer team.

George: (sarcastic) Oh yeah, you’re a real soccer aficionado.

Jerry: Hey, it’s a good investment.

Elaine: I think it’s great, Jerry. You could be the next Mark Cuban.

George: (to Elaine) Hey, speaking of investments, remember that time you lost all your money in that Ponzi scheme?

Elaine: (angrily) Shut up, George!

Jerry: (ignoring George) So, I’ve already made an appointment to see the team’s owner tomorrow. I just need to come up with a good pitch.

Elaine: (excitedly) Ooh, can I help?

Jerry: Sure, why not?

George: (smiling) Hey, I have an idea.

Jerry: (skeptical) What?

George: (proudly) I’ll come with you and be your “business advisor.”

Jerry: (doubtful) I don’t know, George. You’re not exactly known for your business acumen.

George: (insistent) Come on, Jerry. I can be your secret weapon.

Jerry: (sighing) Fine, but you have to promise not to embarrass me.

George: (smiling) I promise.

[Scene: The next day, at Southend United’s stadium]

Jerry and George are in the owner’s office.

Owner: So, Mr. Seinfeld, why do you want to buy Southend United?

Jerry: Well, I think it’s a great investment opportunity. I’ve always been a big soccer fan.

Owner: (skeptical) Really?

Jerry: (lying) Yes, of course. I’ve been following the sport for years.

George: (whispering) Jerry, did you see that? He raised an eyebrow. I think he knows you’re lying.

Jerry: (whispering) Shut up, George.

Owner: (looking at George) And who is this gentleman?

Jerry: Oh, he’s just my business advisor.

George: (smiling) Yes, I’m here to help Jerry make this deal happen.

Owner: (to George) And what’s your expertise?

George: (lying) I’m a financial genius. I’ve made millions for my clients.

Owner: (impressed) Really?

Jerry: (whispering) George, you’re not a financial genius.

George: (whispering) Just go with it.

Owner: (to Jerry) Well, I’m impressed with your offer, Mr. Seinfeld. But before we proceed, I’d like to see how committed you are to the team.

Jerry: (confused) What do you mean?

Owner: I’d like you to kick a goal in front of the team.

Jerry: (shocked) What?

Owner: If you can score a goal, I’ll consider your offer.

Jerry: (nervously) I don’t know if I can do that.

George: (confidently) Don’t worry, Jerry. I’ll coach you.

[Scene: The soccer field]

Jerry is standing in front of the goal, with George coaching him.

George: (whispering) Just kick it hard and aim for the center of the goal.

Jerry kicks the ball, but it goes way off target and hits a player in the face.

• Haha
Reactions: fbm
Trump... can you imagine...

SKY Sports post match interview, the opening game of the 2023/24 season -

Interviewer - "So, Mr Trump, you have bought Southend United but have just lost your opening game 2-1, having conceded two goals in injury time."

Donald - "We did not lose the game, it was stolen from us... they kept playing beyond the 90 minutes and the game should have been over... the goals scored after 90 minutes do not count. We won."

I - "Errr.. well, that isn't quite how it works... and are you going to do anything about the team's discipline... 7 players booked, 2 sent off and it wasn't a dirty game..."

D - "There were no bookings. It's all fake news. My team have to fight but fight fair. If you don't fight you don't get anywhere. And it's President Trump, please."

I - "President?"

D - Yes, I'm not the Chairman of this club, I have made myself the President. It sounds better. I like it. I think it is befitting of my status as owner of a bigly English soccer club"

I - "Well, Southend are in the National League Mr Trump..."

D - "President Trump"

I - "President Trump... they're in the National League, there's some way to go before they become a bigly, I mean a top Socc... football team."

D - Listen, I think we're great, the players are great, and this club can be even greater. I was watching the pre game warm up, which is important, very, very important, so important, and I was really impressed with all the kicks going into the goals. All we have to do is get rid of that obstacle stopping the ball in game."

I - "Obstacle?"

D - "Yes, that obstacle, the thing between the pointy stick things, the ball kept hitting it."

I - "Do you mean the goalkeeper?"

D - "If that's what it's called, the goaliekeep thing, get rid of that and all our kicks become goals. Simple."

I - "O...K... any other changes planned?"

D - "Well. I have around a 10,000 surplus of the old MAGA hats which I am going to supply free of charge to all the fans, these wonderful fans, best fans in the world, great fans. They are unbranded but they are red, so I'll be changing the teams colour to red, I love red, great colour, the best, and I intend to brand it alongside the the new chant and slogan I have just thought of, "MAKE UNITED GREAT", Snappy, don't you think?"

I - "So you want to have a club that has one of its nicknames as "The Blues" to play in red and have all the fans wearing a red baseball cap with the word MUG on it?"

D - "Sounds good to me and kind of appropriate I think."

I - "Thank you Mr Trump"

D - "President Trump, please."

<Trump turns, mouths "Thank you" to no-one in particular, raises a fist and walks off>

Stan’s moved on to Miami now - can we have a list of Miami based billionaires too please?

Your wish etc - top 10

Ken Griffin worth $30.8 B
Thomas Peterffy worth $20.3 B
David Tepper worth $18.5 B
Carl Icahn worth $17.7 B
Shahid Khan worth $11.2 B
Orlando Bravo worth $7.9 B
Paul Tudor Jones, II. worth $7.5 B
Jeff Greene worth $7.2 B
J. Christopher Reyes worth $7 B
Jude Reyes worth $7 B

Stan’s moved on to Miami now - can we have a list of Miami based billionaires too please?
lots of dodgy Russians there
Saying that I wonder if any non sanctioned ones would try buying the club and what the reaction would be

Trump... can you imagine...

SKY Sports post match interview, the opening game of the 2023/24 season -

Interviewer - "So, Mr Trump, you have bought Southend United but have just lost your opening game 2-1, having conceded two goals in injury time."

Donald - "We did not lose the game, it was stolen from us... they kept playing beyond the 90 minutes and the game should have been over... the goals scored after 90 minutes do not count. We won."

I - "Errr.. well, that isn't quite how it works... and are you going to do anything about the team's discipline... 7 players booked, 2 sent off and it wasn't a dirty game..."

D - "There were no bookings. It's all fake news. My team have to fight but fight fair. If you don't fight you don't get anywhere. And it's President Trump, please."

I - "President?"

D - Yes, I'm not the Chairman of this club, I have made myself the President. It sounds better. I like it. I think it is befitting of my status as owner of a bigly English soccer club"

I - "Well, Southend are in the National League Mr Trump..."

D - "President Trump"

I - "President Trump... they're in the National League, there's some way to go before they become a bigly, I mean a top Socc... football team."

D - Listen, I think we're great, the players are great, and this club can be even greater. I was watching the pre game warm up, which is important, very, very important, so important, and I was really impressed with all the kicks going into the goals. All we have to do is get rid of that obstacle stopping the ball in game."

I - "Obstacle?"

D - "Yes, that obstacle, the thing between the pointy stick things, the ball kept hitting it."

I - "Do you mean the goalkeeper?"

D - "If that's what it's called, the goaliekeep thing, get rid of that and all our kicks become goals. Simple."

I - "O...K... any other changes planned?"

D - "Well. I have around a 10,000 surplus of the old MAGA hats which I am going to supply free of charge to all the fans, these wonderful fans, best fans in the world, great fans. They are unbranded but they are red, so I'll be changing the teams colour to red, I love red, great colour, the best, and I intend to brand it alongside the the new chant and slogan I have just thought of, "MAKE UNITED GREAT", Snappy, don't you think?"

I - "So you want to have a club that has one of its nicknames as "The Blues" to play in red and have all the fans wearing a red baseball cap with the word MUG on it?"

D - "Sounds good to me and kind of appropriate I think."

I - "Thank you Mr Trump"

D - "President Trump, please."

<Trump turns, mouths "Thank you" to no-one in particular, raises a fist and walks off>

Donald Trump: Look, I understand that onions are an important part of a good burger. And let me tell you, we're going to make sure that every burger at our stadium has the best onions. We're going to bring in the finest chefs and culinary experts to make sure that our food is second to none. So, to all the fans out there, I promise you that we're going to have the best hamberders with the best onions in the business. And we're going to make sure that every fan has a great experience at our stadium.

Back