• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Newcastle United new owners = death of English Football

Jasrod

In the West Stand ⭐
What are your thoughts. I just can not understand how they have been allowed to buy the football club.

This is as bad if not worst than the European Super League.

Elite become more elite and completely morally wrong for most English fans imo.

And you guys moan about Ron in comparison he’s an angel!!

English football has been dying a slow, painful death for decades. The man in the street is not allowed to own anything without the elite ****s exploiting it. My dear departed mother used to say, ' white collar workers take what blue collar workers earn'. It's just moved on a bit.

Come on guys! We would all lap it up if it was sufc...... its just the same when psg and man city got took over. Just another team being elevated to potential greatness.

Personally I think English football died a long time ago when Roman Abramovich bought Chelsea. After that came Sheikh Mansour at Man City.

A successful football team is no longer about loyalty to your local team, recruitment, getting the best tune out of the players you have but simply who has the biggest pot of gold to buy the best players in the world and ultimately success.

In recent years the only exception to that theory in my opinion has been Leicester City who have show how a truly united football club (top to bottom) with a mid range budget can succeed and play with the big boys.

Come on guys! We would all lap it up if it was sufc...... its just the same when psg and man city got took over. Just another team being elevated to potential greatness.
This is on another level. PSG and City owners have an estimated wealth in the region of £15bn.

Newcastle owners have an estimated wealth of nearly £300bn.

If you look into the backgrounds of half the premier league owners they're involved in very questionable things just like the Saudis are, it's pretty much impossible not to be given how rich you'd have to be to be able to finance a premier league club these days, you don't get that rich by playing nice. The Saudis are just the latest in a long line of owners that the premier league has looked the other way for because they've come with a lot of cash.

Love the merchandise

Attachments

• IMG-20211008-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20211008-WA0001.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG-20211008-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20211008-WA0002.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 22
This is on another level. PSG and City owners have an estimated wealth in the region of £15bn.

Newcastle owners have an estimated wealth of nearly £300bn.
will Steve Bruce be around long enough to spend any of it

As far as im concerned they should just let the Premiershite go their own way, Start afresh as the championship being division one and so forth downwards and NL becomes division 4 of the EFL , do not allow the premiershite to participate in the FA Cup or the League cup, let them go there own way and the EFL go its own way .

Lol. Welcome to England.
got to love the way that Saudi bloke pays zero attention to his trying too hard, get me a passport wife

What are your thoughts. I just can not understand how they have been allowed to buy the football club.

This is as bad if not worst than the European Super League.

Elite become more elite and completely morally wrong for most English fans imo.

And you guys moan about Ron in comparison he’s an angel!!
That's one of the reasons I've returned to Southend. Spurs fan first and foremost bit always followed the blues for 30 years also. The Premier League now is even more a farce. Man City were bad enough with their 2.32 billion, now no one will touch Newcastles 320 billion ..... football competition is dead at the top level.

That all went to pot, as soon as the Premier League was created. It's all about wealth. Huge sums of money from whoever they fancy. It's just got bigger and greedier. Blackburn, Chelsea, Man City and so on. I mean, look at the amount of clubs that advertise betting companies. There is no morales at all. Football was about Div 1 - 4, and should have remained so.

Just the title Premier League says it all,its an Elitist League and the EFL SHOULD BREAK AWAY FROM IT

That's one of the reasons I've returned to Southend. Spurs fan first and foremost bit always followed the blues for 30 years also. The Premier League now is even more a farce. Man City were bad enough with their 2.32 billion, now no one will touch Newcastles 320 billion ..... football competition is dead at the top level.
Glad you can switch teams I have never understood that.

There have been many times in the last 3 years I wish I supported someone else but SUFC is in my heart and my veins and I don't believe in 2nd teams so after over 50 years will be a Shrimper till I or Southend United die.

Back