• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Next Season

londonblue

Topgun Pilot
I think this article on the BBC website show how hard a job we have on our hands next season:-

BBC

This is the paragraph that really spells it out:-

Revenue generated by clubs in the Championship - the second tier league in England - of £306m reaffirms it as Europe's sixth biggest league, after the big five.

Interesting.  Looked at another way, the average revenue per club was more than £13m.  So, the big clubs (Wolves, Leeds etc) probably have revenues approaching £20m and even the smaller clubs (Luton, Burnley etc) will have revenues approaching £10m.

Contrast that with our recent revenues of a bit over £2m and £3m respectively in 2002/03 and 2003/04 and you see what we're up against.  Even allowing for our recent up turn I'd be surprised if our revenue for last season was significantly above £4m.  Similarly I'd imagine our revenue for next season will be no more than £6m even allowing for increased ticket prices and additional tv money.  

Confirms that we'll be a very small fish in a big pond.  We'll be reliant on Tilly making some very astute signings because it's clear we will not be able to compete on wages until we move to Fossetts Farm.

Exactly. It really shows what we're up against from now on. Mind you, the other way of looking at it is that us and Col Ewe may well be responsible for the Championship losing it's place in this table in a year's time!

Yeah but Luton are established and we get bigger crowds then they do! so it aint impossible

The key aim is to just stay up this first season and build on it!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ June 01 2006,13:17)]Yeah but Luton are established and we get bigger crowds then they do! so it aint impossible

Again, exactly. This thing is will the rest of the fickle fans see it that way?

Next year is going to be really hard, we all know that, and we all know that 21st place would not be a bad year, we just have to remember that!!

A lot of that revenue is made of of TV money/prize money/sponsership/increased season tickets. All of which are on the increase for us.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ June 01 2006,13:17)]Yeah but Luton are established and we get bigger crowds then they do! so it aint impossible

Staying up will be a big task, but not impossible. Finances are not in our favour but we do have an incredible team spirit, we'll be an unknown quantity and many of of the bigger teams will under-estimate us.

Having said that, I think staying up would be a bigger acheivement than winning League One and would, beyond question, confirm Tilly as the best manager in our history.

Well we are going in the right direction arent we ? I wonder how our turnover compared last year with the rest of League 1 ? Also I wonder how Watfords turnover last year compared with the rest of the Championship ? The way I am going to look at next season is like Wigan fans looked at this , the way Watford fans will look at next etc etc Im going to enjoy the ride and if the worst happens we will still be in a much better place than we were 12 months ago
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Upminster Blue @ June 01 2006,13:07)]Contrast that with our recent revenues of a bit over £2m and £3m respectively in 2002/03 and 2003/04 and you see what we're up against.  Even allowing for our recent up turn I'd be surprised if our revenue for last season was significantly above £4m.  Similarly I'd imagine our revenue for next season will be no more than £6m even allowing for increased ticket prices and additional tv money.  
If the accounts were published we might have a better idea !!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Firestorm @ June 01 2006,14:16)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Upminster Blue @ June 01 2006,13:07)]Contrast that with our recent revenues of a bit over £2m and £3m respectively in 2002/03 and 2003/04 and you see what we're up against.  Even allowing for our recent up turn I'd be surprised if our revenue for last season was significantly above £4m.  Similarly I'd imagine our revenue for next season will be no more than £6m even allowing for increased ticket prices and additional tv money.  
Indeed. I seem to recall the 03/04 accounts being published around January 2005. What's happened to the 04/05 accounts?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Upminster Blue @ June 01 2006,14:53)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Firestorm @ June 01 2006,14:16)]
[b said:
Indeed.  I seem to recall the 03/04 accounts being published around January 2005.   What's happened to the 04/05 accounts?
Over to you Mr Martin.
rock.gif

The accounts to 31/7/04 were signed off by Geoff King on 26/5/05 and published soon after.

I think they have 11 months from the end of the accounting period to publish and lodge the accounts, So they must me done this month.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ June 01 2006,13:24)]Well over 6,000 season tickets sold I think we are winning some fickle fans over
Not necessarily true. There are plenty of season ticket holders that scream blue murder at the team just because they aren't winning.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Firestorm @ June 01 2006,16:01)]The accounts to 31/7/04 were signed off by Geoff King on 26/5/05 and published soon after.

I think they have 11 months from the end of the accounting period to publish and lodge the accounts, So they must me done this month.
So we should be due an AGM sometime soon then?.
smile.gif

No money...fickle fans...manager off to Ipswich... It's already all going wrong for Sarfend, isn't it?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jonny_Stokes @ June 01 2006,16:20)]No money...fickle fans...manager off to Ipswich... It's already all going wrong for Sarfend, isn't it?
Quite. It's a fiasco.

Let's have another one this year please!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jonny_Stokes @ June 01 2006,16:20)]No money...fickle fans...manager off to Ipswich... It's already all going wrong for Orient, isn't it?
It's very candid of you to come on here and talk about your club's problems like that, Jonny.

tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Fiftyone @ June 01 2006,16:16)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Firestorm @ June 01 2006,16:01)]The accounts to 31/7/04 were signed off by Geoff King on 26/5/05 and published soon after.

So we should be due an AGM sometime soon then?.
smile.gif
Now you really are taking the p**s
smile.gif

Back