• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Next year

tomasufc 4eva

First XI
So ladies and gents IF (still can't say when) we play in the Championship next year, which away games will you most look forward to, or make a special effort to get to?

For me, Ipswich, Norwich and Sunderland all look good fun although the latter might be a bit tiring (7 hours at least  
down.gif
)

As you say lets hope we get to the Championship first!

Sunderland at their new ground is a must. I have been to all the 6 away games we have played against Sunderland. The first one was a 7-0 defeat on a Tuesday night. We got our revenge by winning the next 4 games at Roker Park, although I must admit we were very lucky in two of those games.

Forget about the long journey, Sunderland away is one not to be missed.

The other game is Leeds United (if they don't win the play offs). We have never played Leeds and it would be good to cross another club off the list. The others we have never played are Arsenal & Manchester United (only in friendlies).

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Steve_Clubshop @ April 19 2006,23:39)]I'm commiting myself to all away games next season £££ permitting of course
Wish I could, but the total cost of tickets for away games for me in the Championship would come to well over £700 before any travel or food costs etc.

Ipswich, Norwich, QRP, Southampton, Portsmouth (although Harry seems to be working his magic), Leeds, probably West Brom and Birmingham too.

Plus Brentford if they make it up.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (tomasufc 4eva @ April 19 2006,22:12)]Ipswich, Norwich and Sunderland all look good fun although the latter might be a bit tiring (7 hours at least  
down.gif
)
Not sure where you get "7 hours at least" from, unless you're on the Trust coach.

3 and a half hours from Kings X, 2 hours from Stansted via plane / metro, direct to the ground. Even if you factor in 2 hours travelling to Kings X or Stansted (which it ain't), it's still well short of 7 hours.

Flying to Sunderland is always a better option. There's a flight mid-morning on a Saturday and a return flight 6.45pm. It gives you the advantage of not needing to get up too early and also getting home in time for the last couple of hours at your local. And, if you know what date you're flying, you can get cheap advance deals from EasyJet.

Leeds is the first one I'll look for plus the new stadiums that I haven't been to. ie Coventry, Sunderland, Stoke, Leicester.

Most of them in my book. Be nice to be among the bigger clubs again! Sunderland is a definite along with Leeds, Southampton, Wolves, Portsmouth?, Birmingham? Ipswich, Norwich, Luton.

I reckon IF we go up we will cause a few shocks!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimper4life @ April 19 2006,23:29)]Sunderland would be a definate no no
we have the best away record at Roker Park (never to be beaten) of any club. Four straight wins, one leading to the sacking of Terry Butcher as their manager. Well, let's face it, you can't get any lower than being beaten by the mighty SUFC
tounge.gif

Sunderland & Preston/Leeds (if they don't go up) are definites for me.
Also further afield I'm extremely likely to go to Ipswich, Norwich & Watford, maybe West Brom or Wolves too. Don't think I could get out of St Andrews alive if they come down as I still bear grudges to anything Birmingham City after the events of Dec 94!
Quite fancy Leicester, Derby & Coventry too as I've only been to their old grounds.

Oh & like a lot of Championship clubs, a pre-season tour of Scotland too please
tounge.gif

Living in Birmingham - loads of easy to get to games :
W Brom ( maybe )
Birm ( maybe )
Wolves
Stoke
Leics
Coventry
Derby
Forest ( maybe )

All apart from Birmingham - I have bad memories of getting bricks chucked at us from over a wall, thus this not being top of my hitlist.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Up the Shrimps @ April 19 2006,23:34)]I have been to all the 6 away games we have played against Sunderland.  The first one was a 7-0 defeat on a Tuesday night.  
But you will remember UtS that their fourth goal should never been allowed to stand as it was blatant handball by Eric Gates. Still angered by it all these years later.
mad.gif

Despite taht defeat it was quite a good day out.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimperman @ April 20 2006,09:55)]All apart from Birmingham - I have bad memories of getting bricks chucked at us from over a wall, thus this not being top of my hitlist.
I don't fancy Stoke either for similar reasons.
The natives are not very friendly there I'm led to believe.

Also wouldn't mind going to Hull but again there's the stories of what happened the last time we played at the KC that put me off somewhat.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimper4life @ April 19 2006,23:29)]Sunderland would be a definate no no
I know of a quality pre-match bar in Sunderland.
Idols.
Went in there before the infamous England v Turkey match a few years back.
Lets just say it's a "special" type of theme pub
tounge.gif
(& the cold North Sea wind makes it even more memorable hehehe!!!!)

norwich of course, only a five minute wak from where i work, and i know so many naaaridge fans it will be great.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Norwich Shrimper @ April 20 2006,11:14)]norwich of course, only a five minute wak from where i work, and i know so many naaaridge fans it will be great.
I have never seen us let a goal in at Carrow Rd, long may that continue!!!!!

Looking forward (IF we go up) to Sunderland, Wolves, West Brom, Norwich and Ipswich...

Back