• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

NFL at Wembley

Another Surrey Shrimper

Life President
I have read a couple of times recently about the Chancellor and the Mayor of London courting NFL and saying that they will go out of their way to make NFL permenantly at Wembley happen. I don't understand why they are taking such an interest when I don't recall either having any input on our national game. Strikes me as a bit odd.

I have read a couple of times recently about the Chancellor and the Mayor of London courting NFL and saying that they will go out of their way to make NFL permenantly at Wembley happen. I don't understand why they are taking such an interest when I don't recall either having any input on our national game. Strikes me as a bit odd.

Being a big fan of the game, though a Bronco man for me sins-:Worthy: John Elway :Worthy:

The money it will generate will be immense for London and traders, the down size is would the pitch be able to take a pounding especially during the winter, not sure our pampered footballers would be too pleased going back to a 1970's style cut up playing surface

I would definately buy a season ticket if London got a team ready, unlike football its a great family day out, so much going on prior to kick off and who knows maybe just maybe one day The Bowl final will be in London:happy:

As long as that dick head Vernon Kay sticks to family fortunes and not covering any games

UTS

Are the rumours true that NFL are thinking of buying wembley and the national team playing elsewhere?

Not buying no.

They are looking to put a francise there and England would then play friendlies on "tour".

Bearing in mind England couldnt sell half the tickets for a qualifier and the NFL games were all sold out to people who didnt even support the teams, there is logic there.

England do need to play competitive games there though in my opinion.

Not buying no.

They are looking to put a francise there and England would then play friendlies on "tour".

Bearing in mind England couldnt sell half the tickets for a qualifier and the NFL games were all sold out to people who didnt even support the teams, there is logic there.

England do need to play competitive games there though in my opinion.

I think friendlies on tour is a good idea gives more people an opertunity to see England play. Not a fan of NFL so don't really care much for it being over here. I just hope because the money it brings in that it doesn't jeopordise the state of the pitch for our competitive games.

Being a big fan of the game, though a Bronco man for me sins-:Worthy: John Elway :Worthy:

I would definately buy a season ticket if London got a team ready,

The problem would be though, would the majority of fans be able to change their allegiance from their current team to a London team?

As a Bills fan for more than 20 years I don't think I can change.

For those who never saw it, shameless plug here for what is possible the greatest NFL comeback of all time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FD5Fr9ug5U

Buffalo, 28-3 down at the half, start the second half by throwing an interception and going 35-3 down.

If you don't know hat happens watch the clip. Its worth a few minutes of your time.

The problem would be though, would the majority of fans be able to change their allegiance from their current team to a London team?

For those who never saw it, shameless plug here for what is possible the greatest NFL comeback of all time:

Buffalo, 28-3 down at the half, start the second half by throwing an interception and going 35-3 down.

If you don't know hat happens watch the clip. Its worth a few minutes of your time.

It worked for MK Dons :smile:

I think they would Stevo, seeing a team live is different to support on TV

It's
like as a kid most had a favourite Scottish team, but you still supported your local team

John Elways drive from his own touch line will allways beat your comeback for memories :raspberry:

I think they would Stevo, seeing a team live is different to support on TV

It's
like as a kid most had a favourite Scottish team, but you still supported your local team

John Elways drive from his own touch line will allways beat your comeback for memories :raspberry:

Did you watch the clip?

In answer to your question, the vast majority of fans won't change their allegiance. I suppose London might become a second team for some fans but if (say) the Jacksonville Jaguars became the London Jaguars in 2018 it would be some years before there would be a strong UK support base in the tens of thousands who were attending games primarily to see them.

I'll watch that link (again) when I'm off this ********* Virgin Trains wi-fi :smile:

Back