• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

NFL Draft

Bentley's Absurd Gait

Fair play to Sky for their coverage of the NFL Draft last night. Although it was probably the most boring TV event of the year for non-NFL fans, it was essential viewing for those of us who really should get out more.

Sadly, this was the first year that I can recall where the projected top 6 picks, who are invited to the draft by the NFL Network, were drafted in the Top 6 positions. We were not treated to the magic of watching a top prospect left on the shelf until the second or third round, trying to look pleased when he is picked by Cleveland, where he'll be paid a fraction of what he was expecting. When this happens, the journalists are merciless, as this exchange reveals:

BQ: 'I'm not sure why I fell so low, I really don't know.'
TB: 'Were you on crack at the workouts?'

This conversation really happened. It's just that me and YB were the only people in the world who heard it.

Was definitely an anti-climax as soon as the Falcons took Matt Ryan. I was hoping he'd be this year's Brady Quinn and free-fall down the draft, whilst the TV cameras panned in on him in the studio, fielding phone calls from GMs telling him that they were going to take him next, only for them to opt for some unheard of WR instead and all the time his girlfriend sat next to him tries to calculate whether he was still worth dating when $40m is knocked off his worth.

That said, it could never top last year and Terry Bradshaw's crack jibe on Brady Quinn.

Back