• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Nile Ranger

Interesting article in The Athletic today on Nile. It’s the ‘if only’ reflection that we could all see coming, sadly. If Nile can get himself sorted out sufficiently he could make a real difference talking to youngsters who are in danger of going the same way:

Nile Ranger: ‘I’m Haaland if I’d eaten and behaved better. I didn’t. I thought I knew it all’

Interesting article in The Athletic today on Nile. It’s the ‘if only’ reflection that we could all see coming, sadly. If Nile can get himself sorted out sufficiently he could make a real difference talking to youngsters who are in danger of going the same way:

Nile Ranger: ‘I’m Haaland if I’d eaten and behaved better. I didn’t. I thought I knew it all’
Total clown. Reading that, it appears he has learned absolutely eff-all, even if he had 23 hours a day in his cell to reflect when doing jail for fraud.

He will never take any responsibility for his problems. I'd prefer he stays well away from younger players trying to make it in the game, he's already ruined his own career, I'd rather he didn't ruin any others.

Total clown. Reading that, it appears he has learned absolutely eff-all, even if he had 23 hours a day in his cell to reflect when doing jail for fraud.

He will never take any responsibility for his problems. I'd prefer he stays well away from younger players trying to make it in the game, he's already ruined his own career, I'd rather he didn't ruin any others.
Absolutely. I should have been clearer that I can’t see him sorting himself out sufficiently, but it has been known in others. Unless he truly changes then I totally agree he shouldn’t be anywhere near youngsters.

I'm all for rehabi!litation, but he's been given chance after chance and just abused those chances pretty much straight away.
I suspect he will just be an older version of what he has been..... a waster.
While with us Ron gave him a car which he carried on using for a while after not playing. His pay was put away and drip fed to him so he couldn't blow it. So he asked other players for loans!
He trashed where he was staying. He regularly didn't turn up and missed the coach.
Forgot his boots for an away match. On his second chance with us he failed to disclose an imminent court case to the manager (due a few days after first mentioning it to a senior player) just after coming back. There's also the infamous conning old people out of money case.
In hindsight, I think rehabilitation just isn't applicable to these types of people. I've no sympathy at all for any regrets he now thinks he has and don't think he should be allowed anywhere near football in any shape or form.
However, there is no doubt he was talented so it was all wasted.

This is cheap press page filler.
It is also an undisguised "wanna nuvver chance" ask from Mr Ranger.
Will there be anyone in football falling for it?
I doubt anyone on this forum would BUT there will be a club out there that might think they would be the one!

Back