• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tommy2holes

Life President⭐
Is it just me.

We are signing players that have been kicked out of other clubs are have had long term injuries. We have 35 year old so called journeyman has been, yet these players are giving us some really top notch performances.

Ferdinand. Former big name top flight player. Has had a torrid time with injuries. Still in his prime and for me has been instrumental in our recent defensive performances.
Lots of other clubs would not have taken the gamble on his injuries to wages ratio.

Ranger. Possibly 99% of the football league would not touch ranger with a barge pole. Been bombed out of plenty of clubs and had seemed to have played his last league football. Again quite risky, but we'll handled by the club. Has been top draw on and off the pitch. Again a massive part of our climb up the league. Playing with a big smile.

Marc antoine fortune. A 35 year old journey man who has had more clubs than tiger Woods. He has been playing so well. Last night he looked anything like a washed up 35 year old looking for a last pay day. Again most clubs wouldn't have gone anywhere near him.

Zavon hines. Is he the next to be resurrected at this club?
He certainly fits the bill. If fit he could be a real asset to us.
Similar to JCR but has played at a higher level in big games.

I am loving the fact that we are offering these kinds of players am opportunity and they are giving us great performances.

I was very critical of the performances of the side some time ago. I genuinely couldn't see PB and the team turning things around. Ron has shown faith and backed PB in signing some very questionable players. He is currently redeeming himself. We are not a top 6 side just yet and he can't just ask us to forget a huge period of poor football, but he seems to have changed the fortunes and the style of football at the club.

I'm am really enjoying the performances and the buzz of a match day again and look forward to seeing the next so called cast off making his debut for the club.

As a club, to a certain extent we have to sign damaged goods. It is a little worrying that we are very short-termist and don't have much vision when it comes to recruitment. For example, historically we have often given opportunities to players ditched by Premier League clubs to varying levels of success (Mark Gower vs Marek Szmid etc).

That does not seem to be our policy any more which obviously reduces the chances of picking up a diamond we can sell on, which is the sort of thing a club like ours (poor facilities, limited income generation, terrible in cup competitions) relies upon to survive.

It's more an observation than a concern at the moment, but I can't see big fees being offered for any of the current squad.

Worse than ranger? Ranger has possibly the worst reputation in football.

I disagree there. Barton has broke someone's leg when driving, stubbed a cigar out on a youth player's eye, assaulted team mates and the general public. He should be inside, not on the football pitch.

As a club, to a certain extent we have to sign damaged goods. It is a little worrying that we are very short-termist and don't have much vision when it comes to recruitment. For example, historically we have often given opportunities to players ditched by Premier League clubs to varying levels of success (Mark Gower vs Marek Szmid etc).

That does not seem to be our policy any more which obviously reduces the chances of picking up a diamond we can sell on, which is the sort of thing a club like ours (poor facilities, limited income generation, terrible in cup competitions) relies upon to survive.

It's more an observation than a concern at the moment, but I can't see big fees being offered for any of the current squad.

True to a certain degree.

We have just made money on Payne Bentley hayden etc.

It's not always the current squad that make us money.

Payne Bentley and iorfa all have sell on or should have. Potentially there could be some decent cash coming our way.

We also have a few youth players that may break into the squad by the end of the season which bodes well.

Of the current squad. You could be right in regards to saleable assets. Our best players are older and on short term contracts. This also works both ways. We get the best out of what we got and in the case of fortune we have yet to increase his deal. He is paying at a high level. Maybe that is because he wants a longer deal.

If Ranger keeps going then he is young enough to command a fee if we have him on the right deal.

The big plus is that we are not paying fees and we are resurrecting players careers which makes a good proposition for players who are generally to good for us, but will see us as a viable option.

Ranger cox ferdinand maybe fortune are players that for me have championship quality.

Slightly behind them are mclaughlin Demetriou wordsworth and maybe lenny who could all do a job at that level.

Then we have timlin Atkinson mcglashan coker Thompson who are all very capable at league one level.

We are probably 2 or 3 players from a top 6 side. Unfortunately we are 2 or 3 injuries away from lower midtable.

Back