• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cricko

Zone Owner⭐⭐
Staff member
Inspired by a post Dick Bates Protege put up ....32 nominations are needed for IYO the best songwriter/s of all time. Any ridiculous nominees will not be included in the final 32.

Please include joint efforts as one as in say Simon and Garfunkel or the Osmonds..(that should keep Kay on side)

The rules are: If you enter a name you must follow this up in heats with at least a video or 2 and a reason behind your choice and why they should be voted as the best.. Failing to do at least a video will eliminate you during the rounds.

I am going to have a go to, so copy and paste your choice to this list.

1) Roy Orbison.

Out of interest, are you including the Beatles as one then?

It is a tad difficult.In their case it could be stripped to which songs either one of them wrote....as we are looking for a song writer I think they have to be separated in this case....in my suggestion of the Osmonds who knows who wrote what.if somebody was nominating ABBA it would be the boys..lets see how it pans out for now is my best guess.

It is a tad difficult.In their case it could be stripped to which songs either one of them wrote....as we are looking for a song writer I think they have to be separated in this case....in my suggestion of the Osmonds who knows who wrote what.if somebody was nominating ABBA it would be the boys..lets see how it pans out for now is my best guess.

Agree with you John, I've opted to nominate Lennon/McCartney for their writing for the Beatles. They and George Harrison had long solo careers after the demise of the Beatles, so I guess it leaves this open to nominate either from post 1970.

H mate see the post above yours L @ M have to be separated.I think we have to say if there is no divider as say in the Osmands it is ok to nominate them.

It is going to be very hard to decide who goes into this in the first place.

H can take Macca and I'll take Lennon....

[video=youtube;0auCDOERZyE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0auCDOERZyE[/video]

vs :stunned:

[video=youtube;-b7qaSxuZUg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaLfDnShEn0&feature=related[/video]

H mate see the post above yours L @ M have to be separated.I think we have to say if there is no divider as say in the Osmands it is ok to nominate them.

It is going to be very hard to decide who goes into this in the first place.

Yeah I had seen it John hence my point about the Beatles. I see Paul has jumped in for Lennon :stunned: who would have been my "solo" nomination. I won't opt for Macca but will go for Ray Davies instead.

Its H's choice first who he takes of the 2 as he nominated them first..

I can see this is all going to be a tad difficult....but my rules and decisions are going to have to be THE RULES here.

Yeah I had seen it John hence my point about the Beatles. I see Paul has jumped in for Lennon :stunned: who would have been my "solo" nomination. I won't opt for Macca but will go for Ray Davies instead.

It's ok mate, I'm in a Cat Stevens kinda mood.

1) Roy Orbison. Cricko
2) John Lennon. Canveyshrimper.
3) Cat Stevens. MK Shrimper.
4) Gary Barlow.Stats.

1) Roy Orbison. Cricko
4) Gary Barlow.Stats.(how the **** he is in here is beyond me)
5)Jagger/Richards.Mcnasty..allowed because Richards has done very little on his own(waits to get shot down in flames)

1) Roy Orbison. Cricko
5) Jagger/Richards. Mcnasty..allowed because Richards has done very little on his own (waits to get shot down in flames)
6) Stevie Wonder .OBL
7) Bob Dylan.Dick Bate's protege
8) Neil Young. Supernaut.

Torn here between Stevie Wonder and Elton John (although he should only be in with Bernie Taupin of course). There's also the Fleetwood Mac lot, Prince, Berry Gordy and loads more. Much as I think the Osmonds are great songwriters I know full well that they won't win many votes on here - though I do urge you to try and listen to some of their stuff on The Plan, which is awesome.

On reflection I'm going with Stevie W, at least he didn't write Ebony and Ivory! :winking:

1) Roy Orbison. Cricko
5) Jagger/Richards. Mcnasty..allowed because Richards has done very little on his own (waits to get shot down in flames)

His biggest achievement has been to make it to today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back