• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

North Bank Atmosphere

TBV_Dan

Supporting The Blue Voice
Just got back from the game, thought the atmosphere in the North was absalutely unbelievable! Was sitting right next to to the drum, and the noise (especially in the first half) was truly fantastic! I will definitely be going back there for the Stockport game, and I hope that the club can open this section up more regularly for home supporters, for low-risk games like today! Great work to everyone involved in opening the North Bank! UTB!

SuperShrimper1

Sounded great from the East stand, I'll hopefully be in there for the Stockport game.

Just in case people don't look at the other North Bank thread, here's a picture taken from the East Blacks of the decent turn out in the North Bank!

IMG_0619B.jpg

I know Smiffy wasn't too impressed with the noise when I spoke to him at half time but it honestly sounded very good, especially in the 1st half - much louder than when in the West and I'm only a block away from them there!

I was in there today. For the first time in ages I actually felt nervous before the game.......just like the old days!

Anyway, 1st half atmosphere was great, 2nd was good, but due to it being a **** game, it died down. If only the players had responded and scored........... Well we didn't so we won't know how good it could have been.

The one thing it did prove is how much of an advantage the away team have with the accoustics from the North Bank. I don't know how many more people were in the North Bank compared to what TBV normally get in the West, but it did make a difference.

I was in there today. For the first time in ages I actually felt nervous before the game.......just like the old days!

Anyway, 1st half atmosphere was great, 2nd was good, but due to it being a **** game, it died down. If only the players had responded and scored........... Well we didn't so we won't know how good it could have been.

I'd say that was also due to some people doing exactly what we used to do in the old days and switching ends - or as near as damn it!

Just got back from the game, thought the atmosphere in the North was absalutely unbelievable! Was sitting right next to to the drum, and the noise (especially in the first half) was truly fantastic! I will definitely be going back there for the Stockport game, and I hope that the club can open this section up more regularly for home supporters, for low-risk games like today! Great work to everyone involved in opening the North Bank! UTB!

SuperShrimper1
Still think that we should be given the whole North Stand, away supporters can so easily be given half (if needed) of the West stand, the support from the North stand was truly terrific today, we just need some way of getting the rest of the stadium to join in, today we lost continuity, maybe because a lot of people did not understand what was happening, an old boy behind me said "Yeovil have brought a few for this, they are making quite a noise" He also said "Not many in the Blue Voice area". Keep it going lads, wll done.

Fantastic support at times. Died a bit in the 2nd half but then as the players failed to create a single chance in the whole game its pretty hard to keep going.

A bloke next to me said 'weird that a lot of Yeovil fans are wearing blue... Green is their colour isn't it?'

a true 'facepalm' moment...

As a old north banker from many years ago today was just everything it could have been given we only had about 400 in there.
It made me remember many happy times we had all those years ago when it used to be packed out week in week out.
Prooves to me that we should have the stand back.
It was also good that the Police and Stewards let us be and the athmosphere in return was never at any point sour. So this says great things about our support.
My main point is one that was always my greatest memory about the north bank this being 'The football doesnt have to be good to enjoy the game and the whole package of a day at footy...singing, clapping, banter being with people who do want to sing, unreserved seating,and a few inflatables!!'
Lets have a full turn out for the Stockport game.

The North Bank needs to be totally reclaimed for next season, RM says it is to be the last season at Roots Hall, if it is then it is only right that the supporters reclaim their 'home'. Well done today lads and lasses, shame the players let you down. UTB

I'd just like to point out that there's someone on this thread whom, if he was on the coaching / managerial staff, I would be an awful lot more confident that Southend would stay up.

Sounded great from block R of the west, steward wouldn't let us go through to the north bank when we realised that it was todays game which it was opened for. Do you need to swap your tickets in advance?

Sounded great from block R of the west, steward wouldn't let us go through to the north bank when we realised that it was todays game which it was opened for. Do you need to swap your tickets in advance?
No.
I phoned the ticket office this morning, about 10am ish, and got my seat changed, simple, just had to collect ticket when I arrived!

Edit: Although, I wouldn't recommend this for Stockport, as i'm sure that many other supporters will be wanting to join us in the North!

Last edited:
As a old north banker from many years ago today was just everything it could have been given we only had about 400 in there.
It made me remember many happy times we had all those years ago when it used to be packed out week in week out.
Prooves to me that we should have the stand back.
It was also good that the Police and Stewards let us be and the athmosphere in return was never at any point sour. So this says great things about our support.
My main point is one that was always my greatest memory about the north bank this being 'The football doesnt have to be good to enjoy the game and the whole package of a day at footy...singing, clapping, banter being with people who do want to sing, unreserved seating,and a few inflatables!!'
Lets have a full turn out for the Stockport game.

Agreed. Today's game was dire but I quite enjoyed it in the north bank, and yes credit to the stewards/security for letting us all stand and not trying to dampen the atmosphere in any way, for once.

Back