• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

shrimperhosk

First XI
Hi,

Sorry if this has already been covered but are we going to return to the north bank? i remember some discussions about it but wasnt sure of the final outcome?

Thanks
Chris

Atmosphere is better in the west stand where the fans actually support the team rather than goad the away fans for 90 mins!!!

Atmosphere is better in the west stand where the fans actually support the team rather than goad the away fans for 90 mins!!!

I agree.

The acoustics are better in the North but the general support is better in the West.

Personally i think the north is better the west has long periods of silence and now we are losing games im guessing the crowds will drop abit and the atmosphere will be dire but i hope im wrong

Personally I don't think the club should have sold tickets for the North if they had no intention of letting us go in there. Really poor form. Had they said its West block only I might have sat somewhere else.

Personally i think the north is better the west has long periods of silence and now we are losing games im guessing the crowds will drop abit and the atmosphere will be dire but i hope im wrong

To be honest the North was like that at times as well, its natural that when the team is losing or struggling the atmosphere changes, and not for the good of the team. I really admire Crystal Palace, their support is constant from start to finish and the atmosphere fantastic. What we dont do well at Southend is actually back the team during these times, we seem to go quiet just at the time they need our support the most. Scunthorpe is a classic example, atmosphere quite good and vocal adn then they scored and it was silent, in all parts. Like it or not, the North, West or TBV whatever it is are the catalist to the atmosphere at Roots Hall and like for example the Orient game last season they are up for it, it lifts the whole ground. This is not me being critical, but an observation form the East Stand. For those that have been to Palace or seen it on TV, does anyone honestly belive that could be replicated at Roots Hall? At palace its only a small section of the ground that start it but, boy they make some noise.

I believe that the North Bank option has now been removed from home fans. This I believe (and I will be corrected im sure) was due to a number issues such as Stewarding, Nuiscence, and number of Ejections.

I think I see a post where Trueblue was trying to have the BlueVoice situated in Block X in the west, this block is isolated by brick walls. However I am unaware of any progress with this.

Trueblue - Any update?

I think Block X is needed if we are to stay in the West. Block W is just too small and people end up standing at the back or trying to get in to Block V to the annoyance of many people who have season tickets there.

as i said before if we have to stay in the west something needs to be done. I dont think its great in the west and would probaly of sat else where if was told its w block only to say the atmosphere is better is not true last game i was halfway up in w block and half the time couldnot hear what people at the front were singing. Also there is large periods of silence in w block.

as i said before if we have to stay in the west something needs to be done. I dont think its great in the west and would probaly of sat else where if was told its w block only to say the atmosphere is better is not true last game i was halfway up in w block and half the time couldnot hear what people at the front were singing. Also there is large periods of silence in w block.

But as I said earlier, there were long spells last season when the north bank went quiet. I'm not sure it matters necessarily where you are situated, it's about 100% commitment to supporting the team. As I said Palace are a prime example of this.

As I have said before. I think block X would be a good place for the Unallocated seating section, whether it be for TBV, general singing, or whatever, maybe for people to unofficially stand. To me Block W is just to small, if block W is full then you cant just go into Block V and stand in front of someone who is sitting, that would be just plain bad manners. Block X would be better and probably safer, due to less crowding of a small area. Snr.

well we dont really though, you're just using the excuse all non north bank people use in order to get people out of the north in order to make it a better atmosphere in the west, you should do that yourselves because i for one like the north and dont want to move. Palace do well with 2 seperate stands singing

well we dont really though, you're just using the excuse all non north bank people use in order to get people out of the north in order to make it a better atmosphere in the west, you should do that yourselves because i for one like the north and dont want to move. Palace do well with 2 seperate stands singing

Palace also average 6 times our attendances. Palace also have the people willing and able to attend matches and sing. It's all well and good saying this, but not everyone wants to sing in these blocks, they want the atmosphere. I think what you're saying about normal west stand fans is wrong. I'm in the east where theres less atmosphere than a library and i don't wish for the blues voice to come over to the east stand for atmosphere..

Palace also average 6 times our attendances. Palace also have the people willing and able to attend matches and sing. It's all well and good saying this, but not everyone wants to sing in these blocks, they want the atmosphere. I think what you're saying about normal west stand fans is wrong. I'm in the east where theres less atmosphere than a library and i don't wish for the blues voice to come over to the east stand for atmosphere..
lenny your missing what im saying, if people from the west stand want atmosphere, they should create it themselves and not rely on people like me who want to sing in the north. Im not forcing people to sing at all infact the opposite, i just want to be able to create atmosphere in the best place ie in the north because thats where i want to be without being judged or without doing things because other people want us to create atmosphere for themselves. palace was simply an example of 2 seperate stands singing

lenny your missing what im saying, if people from the west stand want atmosphere, they should create it themselves and not rely on people like me who want to sing in the north. Im not forcing people to sing at all infact the opposite, i just want to be able to create atmosphere in the best place ie in the north because thats where i want to be without being judged or without doing things because other people want us to create atmosphere for themselves. palace was simply an example of 2 seperate stands singing

You are completely missing the point of the Blue Voice.

Im sure that one of the reasons the north bank isnt being used is that there was trouble with SUFC and away fans etc. I could be wrong, but im sure that it was mentioned elsewhere. I dont need to have an excuse to try and move anyone anywhere. Its not my decision. But i merely made the point, that from where i sit, the West Stand always sounds better than the North Bank. Fact is that the club tried to help the supporters and gave them the chance, if we are being honest, it didnt work quite as well as hoped. The fact that it wasnt very well populated probably didnt help either.

As for your Palace comment h turner, i used Palace as the example of what a good group singing together can produce in terms of atmosphere. You are right that it is two separate stands singing, but they are in the same corner about 15 yards apart, so practically the same stand. For all the good work done by the blue voice, it remains the fact that we are very quiet at roots hall. But, i assymed that one of the reasons for creating the blue voice was to try and help with that it whatever way possible. if a majority want to sit there quiet then they can, its their right, it doesnt stop the North, West or BV carrying on, but as ive said previously and wasnt criticising, even this group go quiet when things go wrong. We all support SUFC, we are a collective, 1 group of people, it is everyones responsibility to support the boys in whatever way they can or wish to.

Sitting in the East stand, it was far better when TBV was in the North. In East Green section they can barely be heard and whilst I know TBV generates a terrific atmosphere, I think when they were situated in the North Stand, they tended to keep opposing fans quiet.
I realise the East is like a library, but when TBV was in the North Stand, at least at times they got our end of the stand singing at times.
Hope the return to the North Bank isn't impossible.

Our fans are too gobby to be in the North bank. Kids being without their dad for the first time and start giving it the bigg'n. Stay in the West.

Back