• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

North Bank.

OAJS

Full Back
I know we've been through this tiem and time again, but I just found an interesting article on the OS concerning the survey the club carried out last March (of which I'd forgotten about) on the possibility of moving TBV to East end of the North bank. Of which I don't remember the Club telling us why we weren't moved.

Article:
NORTH BANK RETURN SURVEY
Posted on: Mon 17 Mar 2008
Southend United are committed to helping to improve the atmosphere at Roots Hall and have been in regular contact with new supporter group The Blue Voice and The Shrimpers Trust as to how to do this.
One of the ways of doing this is the introduction of a singing section where like minded supporters can get together to make some noise.
As part of this discussion, the North Bank has been suggested as a possibility.
Whilst it would not be possible to allocate the whole North Bank to home supporters, a feasibility study has been carried out and there may an option to allocate a section on the East side of the North Bank as a singing section.
However, this option requires significant investment in order to fulfil the relevant legislative requirements.
Therefore before progressing we have decided to ask supporters their views to see how popular the idea would be.

For information the area that has been potentially made available would be from the East side of the North Bank up until the first goal post housing almost 1000 supporters.
To take part in the Survey please click here and answer a series of questions.
Please note - please do not wait until the result of this survey to buy your season card. If the Club go ahead with this initiative then plenty opportunity will be given to transfer to this section before the start of the season.
But my point being, if the Club we're willing end of last season, they must be willing to co-operate this season? Because even though we have been allocated Block W, with the possibility of only 2 years left, surely they want a decent home support for the remaining years?

If not, open up the North bank for Priors testimonial and we'll show the club whats missing.

Last edited:
The trouble was that the police were demanding a prohibitively high fee (can't remember the exact figure) for the extra policing that would apparently be required for it to take place. The club (rightly in my opinion, although it is a shame) decided that the money could be better spent elsewhere within the business considering that we are only planning on being at Roots Hall for another couple of years.

I agree though, if it were possible to open it for Spinner's testimonial that would be great!

The trouble was that the police were demanding a prohibitively high fee (can't remember the exact figure) for the extra policing that would apparently be required for it to take place. The club (rightly in my opinion, although it is a shame) decided that the money could be better spent elsewhere within the business considering that we are only planning on being at Roots Hall for another couple of years.

I agree though, if it were possible to open it for Spinner's testimonial that would be great!

Correct.

It was decided that the police costs were too high, to warrant what would be, a temporary solution to the atmosphere at RH.

I think the figure was around an extra £10,000 per game, for the extra policing that would be needed. Which all parties agreed, would be better spent elsewhere.

But, we are talking to the club about the possibility of using the NB for Spinners game and indeed some of the friendlies and less attractive league games (in terms of away support) next season.

...to show everybody what a joke it is in terms of views etc with the seats in place. They killed the North Bank when they had to put the seats in as far as I am concerned!

i would be in the north bank like a shot. i think spinners match would be a good start

I don't think you're alone in that thought. I know i'd be in there!
Spinners game would be a good time to give it a try. I can see about 4000 turning up for the game. Cant see TOO many more. Unless of course we name a proper decent team, i.e., freddy, tilly, maher, flavs, with hopefully collymore, powell, therefore, we will need more than just the east stand open. Might aswell be the north bank!

They did it against Bristol City, final game of the season 05/06 when we won the title so can't see why they wouldn't for games that won't attract many away fans but would attract lots of home fans, maybe cup games too.

Back