• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Didn't remember hearing about any problem, but seems like one of our supporters has picked up a 3 year banning order
http://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/9527599.Abusive_fan_given_three_year_football_ban/
A young looking little bloke was restrained and taken out of the away end after stewards and police went up to a group of a dozen or so at the back behind the goal.
They were chanting "We can do what we like" to which the response by stewards was obviously, "Oh no you can't" , which in my opinion has always been the way to handle silly children.
Too much abuse these days, banter is good, abuse is not:smile:

A young looking little bloke was restrained and taken out of the away end after stewards and police went up to a group of a dozen or so at the back behind the goal.
They were chanting "We can do what we like" to which the response by stewards was obviously, "Oh no you can't" , which in my opinion has always been the way to handle silly children.

I was quite near this incident. It's not him.

I don't think the fan in question even made it into the stadium.

The way things are going I think he's probably got a better deal than the rest of us. What exactly do we need to say to the stewards :winking:

This guy didn't get into the ground, he was drunk so wasn't aloud in.

Agree a friend of mine spoke to him outside the ground he didn't seem that bad to me.

The lad who banned is a really nice lad, never been in any trouble at football before..likes a beer like most us and bit banter but never deserves this..shame that the way football is this days they treat proper fans like this...Hopefully he can appeal and get it reduced.

Drunk at football banned for three years, racially abusing a fellow player banned for six games?

Two different subjects..... being drunk at a match is nowadays a BIG "NO NO"..... racial abuse been going on for years... Lesson to be learnt.... Follow the clear guidelines.... those who can get away with the latter will do...

Strange if it was just for being drunk, there was a guy at Daggers away who could hardly stand up he was so drunk! We watched him doing that special "leaning" walk along the front of the stand towards the terrace.

Well I for one dont take any pre match refreshment from the likes of Costa Coffee etc
Enjoy a good few beers and if clubs have got so many people queueing around the block, then great. Or is it the hi viz squad justifying their own jobs.
If you go to a rugby game, thats ok tho:omg::omg::omg:

And most clubs sell alcohol in the ground bars...

Sadly this is what’s killing today’s game you can fight swear and spit at police on any Friday Saturday night and just get a strong talking too

But if you smell of beer and a bit laud ( singing songs) walking to a football match you get a massive fined a 3 year ban and a criminal records to for good measure

Sorry this is a total joke of today’s policing at Football matches easy arrests as they know mention you was on the way to a football match they know the Court with see you as a hooligan who eats baby’s for a living

I know the Lad and bet his really gutted as he loves his Southend United FC:thumbdown:

I was so drunk at the SUFC-Blackpool LDV Vans final that I am surprised I have ever been allowed into a football stadium again.

Back