• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Northampton away!

The General

The Mouse (*)
No tickets on sale before the day of the game! This is a stupid decision IMO. Its one of the closest games we have, its pretty simple to get to and im sure the away end holds 800 tops. Surely a danger ( if we pick up some good results over the next month ) that we could sell that out and people might make a wasted trip / have to go in the home end?!

Normally our matches with Northampton are all ticket, so this decision baffles me. Oh well. :rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure the away end has sold out the few times I've been there. Very risky decision.

Away stand holds 850 plus a further 300 in the stand along the side.

We only took about 800 to Brighton so I suppose the decision is based on that, although I'm sure we will take more to Northampton than Brighton & we had a ballot for that game!!

I went in the home end a few years back in the LDV and they seemed happy enough. I think they mainly had no answer to Tesfaye though. TIG

Bloomin Cobblers! :mad:

I was going to go to this one but I dont want to take the two kids up there having paid for a coach and whatever only to find out no tickets avail.

And they will only be accepting cash.......how old fashioned is that!

Bloomin Cobblers! :mad:

I was going to go to this one but I dont want to take the two kids up there having paid for a coach and whatever only to find out no tickets avail.

And they will only be accepting cash.......how old fashioned is that!

£12 for kids as well, although under 7's go free. At least adult prices are only £19.

Also have you noticed Walsall tickets are £2 more expensive on match day, but as no advance sales at Southend you have to contact Walsall direct (I bet they charge a £2 fee to send them out to you:D ).

I had this game down as a definite.Was planning on slipping out the door with Mrs SATV thinking it was a home game,knowing i won't be home too late.

Now of course am gonna have to leave mega early to beat the supporters coaches to make sure i get a ticket.

Flipping heck.

It'll just be a case of going to the ground, then the pub and then back to the ground! Not huge problem and the home end certainly wont sell out but it would be nice to have the option of buying the tickets in advance!

This is really stupid, we generally sell out away at the Cobblers, and our fan base, even away fan base has increased sinse we last played at sixfields!!

It is indeed a very strange decision. Even when we've been playing badly we've always taken a large following to Northampton so it seems ridiculous to not be able to get tickets in advance. I'm fairly lucky as my mum lives in Northampton so I'll probably stay overnight on Friday and grab tickets asap the next day, but I feel for people who'll have to get up unnecessarily early to travel up from Southend and have to rush it.

Maybe as the club monitor the board they might pick up on our concerns and ask Northampton to reconsider. I'm coming down for this game & I for one don't want to either miss it or have to smuggle myself into the home seats!

Would be good to have 250+ at Bristol Rovers on Tuesday.

If we keep up this form then we will easily take 1,000+ to Northampton, I can see the clubs changing their mind & selling tickets before the game.

Should also take 500+ to Walsall & we could take quite a few to Nottingham Forest on the 6th November even though it's a Tuesday night.

we could take quite a few to Nottingham Forest on the 6th November even though it's a Tuesday night.

Flights from over here to east midlands airport (30 mins bus from nottingham) are ony 20 quid return for the day of that match - so there will be a few Irish ones to add to that attendance list...will be my 1st 'away' game too :)

Back