• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Although not the main part of this thread, this bit in the Echo article depressed me:

And Brown is also keen to add to his defensive ranks, with Jerome Binnom-Williams a possible target. The Crystal Palace youngster made 22 appearances while on loan with Blues last term and Brown could now attempt to bring him back.
“I would like to bring Jerome in again if it was possible,” said Brown.

I wouldn't thank you Phil.

Although not part of this thread, this bit in the article depressed me:

And Brown is also keen to add to his defensive ranks, with Jerome Binnom-Williams a possible target. The Crystal Palace youngster made 22 appearances while on loan with Blues last term and Brown could now attempt to bring him back.
“I would like to bring Jerome in again if it was possible,” said Brown.

Ah, yeah, I groaned at that part too!

Yes I agree I think we can do better than Jerome. Be a real shame if Prosser left, he has improved continuously during the last five years and has just turned 27, so is approaching the peak of his career.

Would keep Luke and hopefully Thompson too, think continuity is important and our defence was our strength last season. Would mean that we have plenty of experience in the back line too.

Yes I agree I think we can do better than Jerome. Be a real shame if Prosser left, he has improved continuously during the last five years and has just turned 27, so is approaching the peak of his career.

The thing about Luke is that he is a good 'Club' guy. He will do whatever he is asked without moaning and remains enthusiastic. You're right about year on year improvement, and yes, he will want to play regularly, what professional wouldn't? For that reason I can't see any future for him which doesn't involve him leaving us, especially if Thompson re-signs.

I wouldn't mind JBW, saw potential there. Think he'll be a decent player, maybe not immediately but think he is worth a punt

Personally, I don't ever want to see JBW in a Southend shirt again. Prosser is far more professional and more of a 'club' player as previously said and willing to take the head injuries to get the job done - never saw any of that from JBW and looked pretty lazy at times, so no thanks, he can stay put at Palace.

Personally, I don't ever want to see JBW in a Southend shirt again. Prosser is far more professional and more of a 'club' player as previously said and willing to take the head injuries to get the job done - never saw any of that from JBW and looked pretty lazy at times, so no thanks, he can stay put at Palace.

Bit harsh. We all know what emphasis Phil puts on work ethic etc and Phil has been very interested in bringing in JBW, which says to me that he's probably a model pro. I never saw the laziness you speak of, maybe naivety but he's still a kid. I think he could be converted into a very decent centre back with pace.

JBW had nothing special about him. I wouldn't be surprised to see him released on a free by Palace if a L1 or at best a championship side offered to take over his contract. Lazy, lethargic and very average.

JBW had nothing special about him. I wouldn't be surprised to see him released on a free by Palace if a L1 or at best a championship side offered to take over his contract. Lazy, lethargic and very average.

He got a new contract a few weeks ago. I thought he was awful at left back but actually formed a decent partnership with Thompson at CB around the new year games.

I'm not surprised at clubs looking at prosser and a bid has been made for him, we would be made to let him go as at times last season he was our best defender for sure, for me he starts the next season over Barrett every time, get him tied down with a two year contract as just one extra year offered could see him get at least a two year contract elsewhere:'(

Southend United turn down bid from Northampton Town for Luke Prosser

SOUTHEND United manager Phil Brown has revealed the Shrimpers have turned down a bid from Northampton Town for centre-back Luke Prosser.

More...

I wouldn't say JBW was lazy, but he was prone to big lapses of concentration. He has potential, but it sounds like another loan move.

Reiterate what others have said, defo don't want to see JBW back at roots hall, nearly fell off my chair when I saw that he had just signed a new 2 year contract at Palace.

Lazy? I wouldn't say that. Prone to lapses in concentration and positional sense, but that is to be expected in a young player. I don't really feel comfortable with him at the back though. I'd aim higher if we can.

I would like to see Prosser & Thompson build upon their excellent partnership next season :high five: They are great mates on and off the pitch , and although Barrett & Bolger finished the season on a massive high , i think they rather got away with the mistakes they made, for me the Prosser/Thommo combination works better.

I would like to see Prosser & Thompson build upon their excellent partnership next season :high five: They are great mates on and off the pitch , and although Barrett & Bolger finished the season on a massive high , i think they rather got away with the mistakes they made, for me the Prosser/Thommo combination works better.

Trolling or serious?

Sounds like Prosser is well down the pecking order judging by PB's comments, personally I would rather let Thompson go and keep Prosser, a model pro and both him and Barrett could do a job alongside Bolger.

Back