• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I think the ref could have blown for a high foot by Cresswell just before he scored. We were a bit lucky there.

Very harsh to blame Belford for the second goal, the ball bounced right in front of him on a wet surface. Nice finish from Britt, Kane also took his goal well.

Agree with DWB, Cressy was lucky not to be penalised for a high foot.

Very harsh to blame Belford for the second goal, the ball bounced right in front of him on a wet surface. Nice finish from Britt, Kane also took his goal well.

Have to agree about Belford. Initially when the goal went in I thought basic error should have pushed it wide, but with the benefit of reply today it would be unfair to blame him.

Loved it when Coughlan ran up to Celebrate when Cressy scored. Legend

I wouldn't necessarily blame the keeper for not holding it, but I would question the area Belford pushed it out to. He has to do better than that. The less said about our defending the better as dealing with the high ball into the area is bread and butter stuff.

Good closing down in midfield by Ferdinand and Leonard (and others out of shot) for our first goal not giving the option of the easy pass resulting in the misplaced pass. Not a goal Prosser would have conceded.

Second goal good work from out midfield again with Timlin cleverly delaying the pass to Hurst and Ferdinand making an excellently timed run. One in the eye for those who say we only play hoof ball as that was excellent intelligent football.

I wouldn't necessarily blame the keeper for not holding it, but I would question the area Belford pushed it out to. He has to do better than that. The less said about our defending the better as dealing with the high ball into the area is bread and butter stuff.

Good closing down in midfield by Ferdinand and Leonard (and others out of shot) for our first goal not giving the option of the easy pass resulting in the misplaced pass. Not a goal Prosser would have conceded.

Second goal good work from out midfield again with Timlin cleverly delaying the pass to Hurst and Ferdinand making an excellently timed run. One in the eye for those who say we only play hoof ball as that was excellent intelligent football.

Timlin did well from the stands then

It's great to see 5 new signings making an instant impact on the team.

Assambalonga - intelligent runs and a goal
Hurst - Assist
Spicer - Intelligent passes and tackles
Tomlin - Tricky and dangerous
Cresswell - Solid as a rock and goal

Now tell me that Paul Sturrock has had a bad summer in signing players...

It's great to see 5 new signings making an instant impact on the team.

Assambalonga - intelligent runs and a goal
Hurst - Assist
Spicer - Intelligent passes and tackles
Tomlin - Tricky and dangerous
Cresswell - Solid as a rock and goal

Now tell me that Paul Sturrock has had a bad summer in signing players...

Ok ? :unsure: , Paul Sturrock has had a bad summer in signing players . :winking:

Ok ? Paul Sturrock has had a bad summer in signing players.
Happy%20Smilie%20aug%202010.gif

Back