• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

southend4ever

I used to play a little.
2-2
5,000 fans
fred eastwood to score first

others predictions... also anyone got some stone cold certainty football bets for tomorrow. I fancy an accumulator.

2-1
4999 fans (I'm not going to be able to make it)
Wayne Gray to score first
39 instances of banana-related Alsop chanting

That's a certainty, you may as well bet now. The again, there's no fun when it's a certainty. How about, for a bit of a longshot, Southend, Torquay, Ipswich and Leicester all to win.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Oct. 29 2004,22:17)]2-1
4999 fans (I'm not going to be able to make it)
Wayne Gray to score first
39 instances of banana-related Alsop chanting

That's a certainty, you may as well bet now.  The again, there's no fun when it's a certainty.  How about, for a bit of a longshot, Southend, Torquay, Ipswich and Leicester all to win.
they random teams or you had a look at who they are playing? i will have a look now.

please inform me of this alsop incident i think i am the only one not to have heard it.. he was sacked from the playing staff wasn't he?

well, I'm afraid I can't say anything that is my personal view cos I don't know it to be true and it might be libellous!

But...

The rumour says that one of the YTS boys was giving him some stick so Alsop chased him out and tried to inspect yesterday's lunch with the end of a banana using the back exit. Sacked from the playing staff, very little press released (unsurprisingly) and Northampton, with their obvious tight scruples, snapped him up.

As for the bets, pretty much random. I reckon us and Torquay will have good odds facing us as we're playing teams who won resoundingly. Ipswich are normally good for a win but never safe. Leicester have new manager syndrome to take advantage of.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Oct. 29 2004,22:39)]well, I'm afraid I can't say anything that is my personal view cos I don't know it to be true and it might be libellous!

But...

The rumour says that one of the YTS boys was giving him some stick so Alsop chased him out and tried to inspect yesterday's lunch with the end of a banana using the back exit.  Sacked from the playing staff, very little press released (unsurprisingly) and Northampton, with their obvious tight scruples, snapped him up.

As for the bets, pretty much random.  I reckon us and Torquay will have good odds facing us as we're playing teams who won resoundingly.  Ipswich are normally good for a win but never safe.  Leicester have new manager syndrome to take advantage of.
Torquay face Swindon away, which might be a banana skin... (whoops, sorry!
sad.gif
) for your bet! hope you're right though!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Technician @ Oct. 29 2004,23:45)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Oct. 29 2004,22:39)]well, I'm afraid I can't say anything that is my personal view cos I don't know it to be true and it might be libellous!

But...

The rumour says that one of the YTS boys was giving him some stick so Alsop chased him out and tried to inspect yesterday's lunch with the end of a banana using the back exit.  Sacked from the playing staff, very little press released (unsurprisingly) and Northampton, with their obvious tight scruples, snapped him up.

As for the bets, pretty much random.  I reckon us and Torquay will have good odds facing us as we're playing teams who won resoundingly.  Ipswich are normally good for a win but never safe.  Leicester have new manager syndrome to take advantage of.
Torquay face Swindon away, which might be a banana skin... (whoops, sorry!  
sad.gif
) for your bet! hope you're right though!
Never said it wouldn't be a long shot!

Fair point though. Constantine's hardly gonna fire em up the league. Reckon they might be good for a draw though. Apparently some guy they got called Akinfenwa's looking a bit good.

In fact, I'll go and put some of my own money on that bet now to show my confidence.
unclesam.gif

Looking forward to 2mo, away game last year was great!
all the fans on the hill watching!
ridiculous!

Come on the Constantine brace (he hasn't done it yet, but I'd be about a hundred better off if he did!)

I should just point out that Akinfenwa's brace managed to win me a bit of my pot thanks to me going trebles on the four games. That was inspired. Shame Leicester couldn't even get a yellow card in their game. Still, a win's a win.

Some thanks should go to Technician for reminding me how bad Torquay are in relation to Swindon. Ta.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Oct. 29 2004,23:39)]The rumour says that one of the YTS boys was giving him some stick so Alsop chased him out and tried to inspect yesterday's lunch with the end of a banana using the back exit.
In addition, my friend came back from Leicester today and showed me a newspaper clipping from The Sun. Apparently the YTS allegedly involved have definitely been fined and they mention the incident in no uncertain terms. Apparently, three of the YTS were involved.

Can anyone tell me how close I wasto the Alsop banana chants? (49)

Not very, only 1 or 2 went up about Banana's very dissapointing really, would have expected a lot more, but I had to inform a few ppl around me the 'disciplinary reasons' for his sacking in the 1st place, funny how it wasn't widely publicised!
rock.gif

Back