• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Norwich chase Ashton replacement

BoyWonder2

2024, the year of the Shrimpers 🍤 ⭐
This story comes from Skysports.com

Norwich boss Nigel Worthington has confirmed his interest in Col******r's Greg Halford.

The 20-year-old is regarded as one of the country's most promising youngsters.

Halford has attracted the attention of a host of clubs this season with Manchester United and Tottenham even credited with an interest in the versatile performer.

Norwich are looking at bolstering their squad after reluctantly selling Dean Ashton to West Ham.

Worthington is a big admirer of Halford and has enquired about his availability.

"We do like the player," said Worthington. "And, yes, we have made an enquiry and that's as far as it has gone."

Col******r will fight any attempt to lure Halford away from Layer Road as he has been instrumental in their rise to the top of League One this season.

What with Neil Danns being tracked by Reading and Luton, and Halford being looked at by Norwich, could the Col Ewe bubble be about to burst?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoyWonder2 @ Jan. 23 2006,13:46)]What with Neil Danns being tracked by Reading and Luton, and Halford being looked at by Norwich, could the Col Ewe bubble be about to burst?
i know its a rhetorical question but i will answer anyway

yes!

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (canveyshrimper @ Jan. 23 2006,13:48)]I don't think they will sell Halford, although Danns might be a different story.
Depends on the offer really. They are just like us if we recieved a very good offer for Eastwood we would take it.

I've heard its the other way around, they'll be keeping Danns but selling Halford... as there view is they really can't keep him there much longer with Man Utd and Spurs sniffing around.

That said, Danns is out of contract in the summer, and with Reading/Luton interest may be reluctant to sign a new contract.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFCFARAWAY @ Jan. 23 2006,13:50)]They are just like us if we recieved a very good offer for Eastwood we would take it.
But what would you call a very good offer...?

I reckon if we got a £500k+bid we'd take it.

30% to Grays would leave us £350k to spend on a Striker.

Not a lot considering the likes of Tyson, Knight etc are going for around that..

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUBBlue @ Jan. 23 2006,13:59)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFCFARAWAY @ Jan. 23 2006,13:50)]They are just like us if we recieved a very good offer for Eastwood we would take it.
Ashton = 7 million (poss 7.25 milion)
Drogba = 24 million
Cisse = 12 million
Saha = 12.5 million

so Eastwood = 16 million.

Try telling that to Ron Martin, SUBBlue, he would throw that offer of 500,000k out of the window.

[b said:
[b said:

Not a lot considering the likes of Tyson, Knight etc are going for around that..
Think you'll find it was 40% sell on for Eastwood and Cole.Thats why they were so relatively cheap.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Murkey_Mouse @ Jan. 23 2006,14:06)]Try telling that to Ron Martin, SUBBlue, he would throw that offer of 500,000k out of the window.
thats where ron is different to a certain previous chairman. mention no names

so realistically we are looking at bids of £2million for freddy to get a half decent pot for his replacement. i dont think freddy is over-rated but he's not that good. however, he has potential and thats why i wouldnt take anything less than 2 mill

[b said:
Quote[/b] (canveyshrimper @ Jan. 23 2006,14:17)]If Izale McCleod is being touted for 1.4million, then there is the starting point for Eastwood.
i agree with that
but.... freddie 1.4mil grant holt 300k?? hmmmm

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimperman @ Jan. 23 2006,14:15)]so realistically we are looking at bids of £2million for freddy to get a half decent pot for his replacement. i dont think freddy is over-rated but he's not that good. however, he has potential and thats why i wouldnt take anything less than 2 mill
Freddy is having a tougher time of it in front of goal compared to last year, but I think his all round team play has improved no end (Vs Brentford for example).

That said I really can't see us getting a £2m offer for him at the moment. IMO he would need to realise some of that potential before attracting bids over £1m.

Its good, however, that Uncle Ron isn't selling all our best players as it shows his ambition for us.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jontosh2001 @ Jan. 23 2006,14:25)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (canveyshrimper @ Jan. 23 2006,14:17)]If Izale McCleod is being touted for 1.4million, then there is the starting point for Eastwood.
i agree with that
but.... freddie 1.4mil    grant holt 300k?? hmmmm
Nathan Tyson 675k, was more like.
More likely that Rochdale had to sell and could not resist once the bidding reached 300k, a fair bit of dosh for the base,ent division.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Watermill Wino @ Jan. 23 2006,14:10)]
[b said:
[b said:

Think you'll find it was 40% sell on for Eastwood and Cole.Thats why they were so relatively cheap.
According to the club, theres no sell-on clause in the agreement with Grays over Freddy Eastwood.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFCFARAWAY @ Jan. 23 2006,14:05)]
[b said:
[b said:
Ashton = 7 million (poss 7.25 milion)
Drogba = 24 million
Cisse = 12 million
Saha = 12.5 million

so Eastwood = 16 million.
good way of looking at it lol, lets beg norwich to take halford instead of Eastwood!

Back