• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Not a bad result from today's Battrick Friendly

Bob Cratchitt

Devil's Advocate
Thanks for the game although it does appear that I did better this time round than our previous encounter last year.

17/12/2006 (friendly) at Gambero C.C.
ShrimperZone CC 180-10
Gambero C.C. 182-2

05/06/2005 (friendly) at ShrimperZone CC
ShrimperZone CC 193-10
Gambero C.C. 194-3

Anyone else fancy a friendly?

Handy game to have for me. Really showed the need I have for a real high quality batsman rather than batting right down the order. Saj was never supposed to be my best batsman but unfortunately that's how it's worked out. Here's the innings:

Sajjad lbw b. Borrell 81 124 6 0
Botham lbw b. Whaley 19 40 0 1
Askew (+) lbw b. Whaley 29 43 3 0
Curtis c. Scholes b. Sherwood 25 51 0 0
Maymann (*) b. Obrien 11 12 1 0
Moore lbw b. Obrien 0 1 0 0
San not out 4 5 0 0
Holsgrove c. Scholes b. Sherwood 5 8 0 0
Sheppard c. Jagielka b. Obrien 4 5 0 0
Mushtaq lbw b. Obrien 0 1 0 0
Sutherland c. Sherwood b. Obrien 0 1

There's decent batting there all the way down to 9 but no real contributions. I may as well sell most of them and get a wonderful bat and rely on him to carry the innings with Saj! Good once again to see Sutherland remove the star man but he needs to do the bits and pieces as well.

That's a decent team you have there Mr Byford, can't believe you missed out on promotion!

Thanks B, somehow it was all down to NRR, to make things worse I never lost to the overall winners beating him by 50 and 52 runs.
sad.gif

Oh well there is always next season to attempt the promotion.

I have been pleased with the way things have gone considering I am team trainer rather than superstar trainer.

You may have got Harrad out but my Star player is of course Borrell, he is an immense All-Rounder.

Liddel (*) lbw b. Sajjad 36 55 3 1
Harrad b. Sutherland 65 60 5 2
Borrell not out 58 68 1 1
Haughty not out 20 34 1 1

Thanks once again for the game. So MARTIN fancy a go to see if you are worthy of the SZ Cup title?
Oo.gif

Back