• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

not impressed with...

shrimperman

Manager
freddy's post match interview. if anyone else heard it on bbc essex he was talking about his future at the club. anyway, he gave the classic 'im a southend player until im told differently' but it all sounded a bit fake. its probably me fearing the worse it just didnt sound credible.

sounds worrying. when he says he's a southend player until told differently is crap, he shouldnt be told (agents again) its his decision

More Freddy speculation....

Let's all stop worrying about it until someone puts in a solid bid for him.

Worrying ? It has cheered me up immensely. He only got 1 goal yesterday and is clearly not cutting the mustard.
tounge.gif

"....yea but obviously to be honest i'm obviously over the moon today to be fair and yea obviously to be fair were obviously flying right now to be honest, obviously......" Dont think Gary Liniker will be looking over his shoulder just yet....!

No problems with his comments. Freddy knows that if a serious and large bid is received and the club want to sell he has to move on, but until then he's more than happy to be a Southend player and loves the club as we know he does. I think you're reading a little too much into his comments, if I was Freddy I'd be saying the same.

once again more fredy crap

he'll be going nowhere this season

and whilst sides like palace, norwich and any other side that are strugling to score goals, goalscorers like eastwood, trundle, tyson etc will always be linked with them

While I think there will be a bid put in for Eastwood by a championship side, it's the ones that are struggling and drifting aimlessly in mid-table that will bid for him (sides like Leicester if we had the money).
Promotion sides won't go for him because they will know that he probably can't cut it in the Prem yet.
Therefore, I doubt Eastwood will be leaving you this season because next year he may well be playing those sides that want him, and be on level terms with them, so there is no point him leaving a side that he is settled in, and a team he loves just so he can play in a higher division a few months earlier than if he were to do it with Southend

[b said:
Quote[/b] (LCFC_826 @ Nov. 06 2005,16:11)]While I think there will be a bid put in for Eastwood by a championship side, it's the ones that are struggling and drifting aimlessly in mid-table that will bid for him (sides like Leicester if we had the money).
Promotion sides won't go for him because they will know that he probably can't cut it in the Prem yet.
Therefore, I doubt Eastwood will be leaving you this season because next year he may well be playing those sides that want him, and be on level terms with them, so there is no point him leaving a side that he is settled in, and a team he loves just so he can play in a higher division a few months earlier than if he were to do it with Southend
Good point very well made.

I hope freddie won't go anywhere. If we dont go up he probably will leave tho
sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (LCFC_826 @ Nov. 06 2005,15:11)]While I think there will be a bid put in for Eastwood by a championship side, it's the ones that are struggling and drifting aimlessly in mid-table that will bid for him (sides like Leicester if we had the money).
Like OS says, a good point - I hope the logic appeals as much to Fredy as it does to us!

BTW, LCFC_826, I spent a pleasant couple of years in Haddon Street in Highfields in '79 -'80, just near Viccy Park, and around the corner from "The New Purnima of Mombasa", best Indian takeaway I have ever found. I like Leicester. Best moment for me though was when Harlow beat us in the cup. Got loads of stick from my colleagues at work, then you lot drew them in the cup and I got long lectures on how LCFC would show SUFC how to deal with minnows. History relates that Harlow had no more trouble disposing of your heroes than they had disposing of mine, and Gary Lineker still has nightmares about that game! Work mates were very, very quiet after that. Happy days!

biggrin.gif

Back