• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Not necessarily Southend related but...

Crawliano

LADYCHARMER80
It fills me with optimism / envy to see a club not necessarily that much bigger than Southend go to Wembley and go up.

I'm still clinging onto the hope that in time we'll have everything in place with a great team spirit and go on to become the undoubted biggest team in Essex.

Who knows, one day we're gonna fulfill the newly raised bar that's been put in place, let's be honest, 20 years ago the bar was to stop yo-yoing between the bottom two tiers, now we want to become a stable Championship team.

Anyway, enough crap talk. Bring on next season and that Macheda / Owen / Sears partnership smashing us straight through to the Championship ;-)

That's happened two days in a row now and again shows that we should not be ashamed to talk about going up ourselves next year.

Well in Steve Tilson i trust. I would like to think in 5-10 years we will be a championship. In 10-15 years we will be the Hull Citys and the Stokes.

We have a great stadium on the way, Essex isnt a bad place to come and live so i think we could attract top players.

We can all dream :)

I saw quite a few Burnley fans out and about in Uxbridge today (only 25mins from Wembley Park and near lots of major roads, so a popular pre-Wembley staging post) and got a real shiver down my spine! Oh for us to be there next season - play-off final preferably, but JPT will do.

Actually, **** it. FA Cup Final or nothing.

I went to the L1 final yesterday and it was brilliant to see those Millwall scum crying their eyes out at the end. Saw a bit of trouble on the way out too - no surprise.....

;)

I think we're gonna see a new influx of the well run clubs going on to better things, some think that the dropping of the Leeds, Newcastle's and Southampton's of this world is a shocking thing but these things always happen. Hopefully we're the next of a batch of well run clubs to start to progress up into the "big leagues", we can fall from grace by 2075, I'll be long gone by then.

Ambition is such a relative thing though.

I'm not sure if I want to be a CCC club, as soon as we settle there I'll be constantly dreaming of the playoffs and more.

That said, ambition is good, as long as it's realistic. It just strikes me that we always want more, never content. Even if we were mid-table prem we would have the same lot moaning about different things.

Last edited:

I'm not sure if I want to be a CCC club, as soon as we settle there I'll be constantly dreaming of the playoffs and more.

The said, ambition is good, as long as it's realistic. It just strikes me that we always want more, never content. Even if we were mid-table prem we would have the same lot moaning about different things.

I second this. I would also like to criticise you for making too many good posts that I can't rep you at the moment. :madman:;)

The said, ambition is good, as long as it's realistic. It just strikes me that we always want more, never content. Even if we were mid-table prem we would have the same lot moaning about different things.

"Oh my god, I can't believe we played for a draw at Old Trafford on Sunday when they had a ECL game on Wednesday"

I cannot agree with this fact any more however, the ambition over the last 10 years has seen us pull ourselves from vanishing from the league altogether, strive to get the club back to where it was in the mid 90s, shame at the time nobody gave two hoots about it. The fact that we now have as many ST holders as what we could've expected to turn out to what was a mid table Championship game shows how our ambition has grown.

Still, at the moment, at least we can slowly build up towards something that could happen, or we could just be cloud dreaming, but **** me, at least we can dream these days rather than wake up in a cold sweat cos Rob Newman is playing as a makeshift striker...

Back