• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Not too down-hearted!

Winkle

Manager
All in all, I suspected that we was never going to get much out of todays game, and with six out of the twelve sides drawing tonight, it actually has not worked out to bad for us. We still have to play them at home yet so we can more than make up for the beating we took tonight. Up the blues!

Still not beaten a top half club (at the time we played them) still only three points off the top though.. glass half empty or half full..?

I thought we looked good in spells and its same old Southend never being able to kill off a team. At one nil up we had two or three chances to make the game safe and failed to take them.

That said I thought we passed the ball well and generally looked better in spells.

I have to agree with this sentiment.

The way I look at it, we're a few places above where I exepcted we'd be this season and playing better than I expected. We've not generally been outplayed by the top teams but nonethless have lost, a couple of times heavily. That said, you can't really be sixth without losing a couple of games and you have to keep perspective.

In a way we're lucky it's the cup up next as we can try out a new forward line in preparation for what will be an interesting few games after that.

I thought we looked good in spells and its same old Southend never being able to kill off a team. At one nil up we had two or three chances to make the game safe and failed to take them.

That said I thought we passed the ball well and generally looked better in spells.

Agreed. Sadly, we completely lost the plot when Leon was sent off and in the end we were lucky that it was only 4-1.

Results largely went our way last night with most of our promotion rivals drawing.

Oh, and we beat Northampton on Saturday when they were in the top half of the table.

Still not beaten a top half club (at the time we played them) still only three points off the top though.. glass half empty or half full..?

Northampton were in the top half when we beat them, and Im sure Walsall were as well.

What is telling at the moment is we havent beaten anyone in the top 6 and have already lost to 3 of them at home.

Automatic promotion wont be possible unless we do manage to start taking point off of the top teams.

still very worried about us not being able to beat the top teams such as leeds, forest, tranmere, orient, carlisle etc etc.

still very worried about us not being able to beat the top teams such as leeds, forest, tranmere, orient, carlisle etc etc.

You probably worry too much if defeats at Elland Road and the City Ground are causing you to worry. Playoffs are more fun!

Back