• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Notts C v Yeovil

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kent Shrimper @ Mar. 30 2005,09:02)]Sky were up to the old tricks again this morning, apparently its Scunthorpe who are a point behind yeovil, w***ers.

Great result though, come on
Yes, but have you noticed how we rarely get mentioned. Even during the Lincoln - Scunny game the other night, despite us being just ONE point behind Yeovil, the commentators & Gary Johnson (the guest analyst) hardly gave us a mention concentrating instead on Scunny, Macc, Swansea & Lincoln as being the ones going for automatic promotion along with Yeovil. Even Gary Johnson didn't mention us a being a potential threat to his teams position!

It can be seen as a bit frustrating seeing as we are on one hell of an unbeaten run, have the joint best defensive record in the division, have found one of the best strikers at this level playing non-league, every team we beat their manager seems to comment we are the best side they've played & all this with one of the youngest & inexperienced managers around!

However, I actually think this is a good thing as if we're going unnoticed we could well be the ones to "sneak" that top spot at the end of the season and may even double that up with the LDV Trophy.

I am sure, though, the managers & teams around us know exactly where we are & what we are doing & will be keeping a close eye on us!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Turpinator @ Mar. 30 2005,10:41)]Yes, but have you noticed how we rarely get mentioned. Even during the Lincoln - Scunny game the other night, despite us being just ONE point behind Yeovil, the commentators & Gary Johnson (the guest analyst) hardly gave us a mention concentrating instead on Scunny, Macc, Swansea & Lincoln as being the ones going for automatic promotion along with Yeovil. Even Gary Johnson didn't mention us a being a potential threat to his teams position!
Don't you see... that's an incredibly good  thing.  I don't give a flying fcuk that Gary Johnson or some so-called Sky pundits don't rate us.  They can keep underrating us for the rest of the bloody season so far as I care.

There are only three sets of people who need to "rate" us - or, more importantly, to believe  in the mighty Southend:

1. The management
2. The players
3. The fans

Funnily enough, I think 1 & 2 are there already.  I bet Tilly & Brush are there this morning, telling the players "This is your moment of truth.  If you bust your gut for every single day for the next 5½ weeks, you will be Champions."

I really think it is as simple as that.  After all, how many of the players in our current team have a medal of any description in their own trophy cabinets?  Spinner maybe.  Perhaps Bart, Kev and Juppy have some U21 caps kicking around.  Che might have a Youth Cup gong somewhere from his time at Norwich.

How many of them have a full league winners' medal?  How many have won a cup final, even if it is the LDV?

I think that the players and management genuinely believe that they can win things this season.  The patience and confidence we showed against Rochdale were immense.  The professionalism we demonstrated against Cambridge was exemplary.

Now it's time for us fans to believe that they can do it too.  As for the press and pundits, who gives a fcuk.  They're all still obsessed about a fcuking UEFA hearing for Mourinho, or some tapping up story.  They have utterly lost the plot, of course... they're no longer reporting on football - instead, they're reporting on the celebrity that has attached itself to football.

I don't care if we don't get mentioned by the press again for the rest of the season.  All I care about is silverware... and that's something which, I believe, Tilly, Brushy and the players will finally bring us this season.

After all, it's the centenary season next year... we just have  to have something in the cabinet next year.  Having missed out on the Essex Senior Cup again (  
oops.gif
 ), the LDV Trophy and the League Two Championship will just have to do...

tounge.gif

COME ON SOUTHEND!!

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Mar. 30 2005,11:10)]Don't you see... that's an incredibly good  thing.  I don't give a flying fcuk that Gary Johnson or some so-called Sky pundits don't rate us.  They can keep underrating us for the rest of the bloody season so far as I care.
As I said in my penultimate paragraph, Matt, I too think it's a good thing!

I tell you what though, the first and third Notts County were awesome, for the first, think Tes Bramble but from further away from the goal and the third was another lob from about 20 yards.

Come on lads, granteed it was a fantastic result for us last night but lets not get carried away. Bristol Rovers will be an incredibly difficult game friday night. They will have revengue on their minds and don't forget they were the best side over the two legs
tounge.gif
One or two of our players minds might be on Cardiff as well. This could be the biggest game left for us. IF we were to win to go top, then we have the pressure of being leaders which can effect some sides so lets carry on getting behind Southend United and not getting carried away until after the end of the season when everything is decided.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (blues_r_best @ Mar. 30 2005,12:52)]I tell you what though, the first and third Notts County were awesome, for the first, think Tes Bramble but from further away from the goal and the third was another lob from about 20 yards.
According to the fans on Ciderspace, their keeper has a real problem with shots like that. Scriv - please let Tilly know, and get Fredy practising his pot-shots!

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Mar. 30 2005,14:40)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (blues_r_best @ Mar. 30 2005,12:52)]I tell you what though, the first and third Notts County were awesome, for the first, think Tes Bramble but from further away from the goal and the third was another lob from about 20 yards.
According to the fans on Ciderspace, their keeper has a real problem with shots like that.  Scriv - please let Tilly know, and get Fredy practising his pot-shots!

biggrin.gif
Is Ryan Clarke our loanee from the October GK crisis not playing between the sticks for them just now?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (glasgowsufc @ Mar. 30 2005,14:42)]
[b said:
[b said:
According to the fans on Ciderspace, their keeper has a real problem with shots like that.  Scriv - please let Tilly know, and get Fredy practising his pot-shots!

biggrin.gif
Is Ryan Clarke our loanee from the October GK crisis not playing between the sticks for them just now?
No, he's the only keeper left at Brizzle Rovers so far as I know - Kevin Miller has gone on loan to Derby. Yeovil's goalie last night was Chris Weale, a Yeovil home-grown player.

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Turpinator @ Mar. 30 2005,10:41)]Yes, but have you noticed how we rarely get mentioned. Even during the Lincoln - Scunny game the other night, despite us being just ONE point behind Yeovil, the commentators & Gary Johnson (the guest analyst) hardly gave us a mention concentrating instead on Scunny, Macc, Swansea & Lincoln as being the ones going for automatic promotion along with Yeovil. Even Gary Johnson didn't mention us a being a potential threat to his teams position!
Your definitely right there - I was looking through the Yeovil website and reading the managers comments when I came across this question.

Interviewer: It was a double edged sword because some of your challengers probably thought you were coming to Boston knowing that it wasn't an easy place.

Gary Johnson: "No, you're right. They will be gutted with this result. The Macclesfields, Scunthorpes and Swanseas will be very disappointed that Boston didn't hold on for a draw or nick a win."

As far as I'm concerned its brilliant that people are not noticing us. If we can hold those concerns off until we have won the title at 4:45pm on 7th May 2005 I'd be even more delighted.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Mar. 30 2005,14:46)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (glasgowsufc @ Mar. 30 2005,14:42)]
[b said:
[b said:

biggrin.gif
No, he's the only keeper left at Brizzle Rovers so far as I know - Kevin Miller has gone on loan to Derby.  Yeovil's goalie last night was Chris Weale, a Yeovil home-grown player.

Matt
Apologies MtS I thought you were talking about Fri night & not Yeovil. It was the cider reference that confused me.

Coat already on & halfway through the door
oops.gif

Hey Guys and Gals

I was at Yeovil vs Notts County last night working for Radio Nottingham... used to work for BBC Essex covering the mighty Blues... I have to say I was sitting there in a state of disbelief last night as we counted up the goals against Yeovil, but Notts deserved to win, make no mistake. Yeovil didnt look too great in my opinion, and having watched Blues vs Rochdale on Friday, there's no comparison between the sides!!

Up the blues...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Einstein @ Mar. 30 2005,15:13)]
[b said:
Your definitely right there - I was looking through the Yeovil website and reading the managers comments when I came across this question.

Interviewer: It was a double edged sword because some of your challengers probably thought you were coming to Boston knowing that it wasn't an easy place.

Gary Johnson: "No, you're right. They will be gutted with this result. The Macclesfields, Scunthorpes and Swanseas will be very disappointed that Boston didn't hold on for a draw or nick a win."

As far as I'm concerned its brilliant that people are not noticing us. If we can hold those concerns off until we have won the title at 4:45pm on 7th May 2005 I'd be even more delighted.
It's cos us and Yeovil are running away with promotion.

Only realistic solution. Either that or the others haven't noticed us overtake.

blues.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Mar. 30 2005,16:49)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Einstein @ Mar. 30 2005,15:13)]
[b said:

It's cos us and Yeovil are running away with promotion.

Only realistic solution.  Either that or the others haven't noticed us overtake.

blues.gif
Well IMHO I don't think Laws, Horton & certainly our old friend Alexander are the sharpest tools in the box so perhaps so
tounge.gif
wink.gif

Back