• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Notts county today...

absolutly f**king sh*t and i hope they get relegated. Talk about timewasting, right from the start. and what was with there dirty challanges, especially on bart. aaaaaaaaaahhhhhrrrrrr
mad.gif
mad.gif

I dont think they were sh*t by any means. They came for a point, and they got it, they defended well, we didnt have any guilt edge chances, and they looked dangerous on the break at times, there are much worse theams than them.

Firstly any team that is playing away from home trys to defend so they get at least a point from the game. A point away from home for a team at the lower reaches of the table,at a team in the play-offs, is a fantastic point for them. It was up to us today, like Mansfield the other week, to break them down, and we failed.

They weren't in the same league as Chester when it came to time wasting. I disagree with Tilly's comments somewhat. I thought that for the majority of the game that Notts County gave it a go. After all they did hit the post and cause a lot of worry for our backline. It was only for the last 20 or so minutes when we finally woke up did they sit deep.

Still a team we should beat though. Definitely at home anyway.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimp_on_the_wing2003 @ Jan. 15 2005,17:53)]absolutly f**king sh*t and i hope they get relegated. Talk about timewasting, right from the start. and what was with there dirty challanges, especially on bart. aaaaaaaaaahhhhhrrrrrr    
mad.gif

mad.gif
I think you're being a bit harsh there. I don't think they were that dirty, a bit of time wasting near the end but you have to expect that. I agree with Andy I think Tilly's being a bit harsh. They were fairly positive in the first half I thought. In the second half they sat back but it's our fault for not taking our chances and overall I think their fans could claim that they deserved a point. Talking of their fans, loved the fancy dress
laugh.gif

At least they tried to play a bit of football, they weren't down there with the likes of Chester and Rushden. They defended well and I was particularly impressed with the young lad McFaul who came on early on, he was superb. Their keeper also played well and he made some good saves. We have to get used to teams coming for the draw at Roots Hall because of our position in the league, and we need to start breaking defences down. Notts County at home is a game we should win.

Very true. Was just a bit annoyed thats all, nevermind. Were still going up!!!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimpboy @ Jan. 15 2005,22:03)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimp_on_the_wing2003 @ Jan. 15 2005,17:53)]absolutly f**king sh*t and i hope they get relegated. Talk about timewasting, right from the start. and what was with there dirty challanges, especially on bart. aaaaaaaaaahhhhhrrrrrr    
mad.gif

mad.gif
I think you're being a bit harsh there. I don't think they were that dirty, a bit of time wasting near the end but you have to expect that. I agree with Andy I think Tilly's being a bit harsh. They were fairly positive in the first half I thought. In the second half they sat back but it's our fault for not taking our chances and overall I think their fans could claim that they deserved a point. Talking of their fans, loved the fancy dress
laugh.gif

At least they tried to play a bit of football, they weren't down there with the likes of Chester and Rushden. They defended well and I was particularly impressed with the young lad McFaul who came on early on, he was superb. Their keeper also played well and he made some good saves. We have to get used to teams coming for the draw at Roots Hall because of our position in the league, and we need to start breaking defences down. Notts County at home is a game we should win.
Good summary, and quite right, we should beat teams like County - but we won't every time. I was pleased that Tilly tried Dudders and Fred(d)y up front, pity they didn't find the net this time.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Fitter @ Jan. 15 2005,19:50)]Notts County today were....,.... very well organised, deserving of a point and better than the league table shows
Agree with that. But then, doesn't today show that the League is closer than everyone thinks?

I take it no-bodys seen this then.....down at The Bridge, we are all gutted. How could he leave here for you.
mad.gif

e70f3ada6682c9d8a944fe2f3aa3538c-image.jpg

Credit where credit is due. Notts County came to Roots Hall yesterday with a gameplan and it worked. One of the reasons we haven't been winning all of our games is that -

we are guilty of our own success!

Remember the comparisons made by Steve Evans and Colin Calderwood last week? well, these are true. We are one of three or four VERY GOOD teams in this division and all those that aren't will be relishing the thought of taking us on.

That's why I am not too bothered about Darlington, Swansea, Scunny and the Cobblers. They will attack us and play to our style. If we can stay unbeaten through these fixtures, then afterwards is when the real hard work starts, as we'll be scrapping with the also rans, struggling for survival.

It was therefore no fluke that we only picked up 1 point from a possible 6 against the likes of Boston & Notts County, who (on paper) we should beat.

Mansfield should be interesting with our new signing from that non-league team...

who are they again?
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Jan. 16 2005,19:51)]I take it no-bodys seen this then.....down at The Bridge, we are all gutted. How could he leave here for you.  
mad.gif

(Image snipped soz not to upset peeps)
Quality as usual, Artful!

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Just to put this into perspective, according to the Times Saturday was County's fourth successive clean sheet. Seems that their defence has improved markedly since we visited them.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimp in a Kilt @ Jan. 17 2005,15:40)]Just to put this into perspective, according to the Times Saturday was County's fourth successive clean sheet. Seems that their defence has improved markedly since we visited them.
that would be the time we had to rely on our centre back scoring both our goals.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Jan. 17 2005,16:28)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimp in a Kilt @ Jan. 17 2005,15:40)]Just to put this into perspective, according to the Times Saturday was County's fourth successive clean sheet. Seems that their defence has improved markedly since we visited them.
that would be the time we had to rely on our centre back scoring both our goals.
Ah, but that was B.E. - Before Eastwood. Also, Gray hadn't exactly burst into form at that point IIRC.

In fact, it was clearly my well timed return to the hall for Boston, where Gray showed what he can do, and Swansea that kickstarted our season.
smile.gif

Back