• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Now its Newcastle and Fred

Firestorm

Pedant
"And Northern Echo SPORT understands that Newcastle manager Glenn Roeder is considering Southend United's Freddy Eastwood as a cheaper option to compete with Martins and Shola Ameobi for a place."

More b******s or has Roeder overdosed on humble pie and wants to rekindle his aquaintanship with Freddy ?

They would certainly pay around £3m, but they wouldn't have someone to send the other way, which means we would be looking for a suitable replacement with only 9 days to go before the window slams shut on us.

I hope it doesn't happen.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Technician @ Aug. 22 2006,12:04)]They would certainly pay around £3m, but they wouldn't have someone to send the other way, which means we would be looking for a suitable replacement with only 9 days to go before the window slams shut on us.

I'd be very surprised if we haven't tentatitvely lined someone up already just in case.

That's not Tilson's view according to the Official Site.

He says "with the transfer window about to shut, he does not intend to get any more players in, unless someone pops up that offers something different from what we already have!"

Tilson Target's Round 2

I just hate the fact that if Freddy goes with a couple of days left, it leaves little time to get a replacement in. It's too much like Russian Roulette.
sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bluesmanager @ Aug. 22 2006,12:08)]Can't we buy outside the window though? I thought it was only the teams in the top league that couldn't buy outside the window?
Transfer window applies to everyone.

Cant see Newcastle being interested in Eastwood who is still unproven at this level, let alone Premiership.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] I just hate the fact that if Freddy goes with a couple of days left, it leaves little time to get a replacement in. It's too much like Russian Roulette.

He will not be sold in the next couple of days!!!

Bit disappointed Tilly isnt looking for more players. What if Gutts and Maher get injured?
As for Newcastle think its rubbish but £3m would buy us 2 or 3 quality players.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jam_Man @ Aug. 22 2006,12:16)]Cant see Newcastle being interested in Eastwood who is still unproven at this level, let alone Premiership.
Agreed, We all know how expectant the Newcastle fans are, they will expect big name signings (like Damien Duff) rather than players who only have a few years lower league experience

606 Message Board now rumours that the Coventry Evening paper has it on good authority that Billy Sharp will sign for the Sky Blues today, so if there's any weight in the "Eastwood's Off" stories then that's one of our prime replacements already fixed up.
sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimpbizkit @ Aug. 22 2006,12:19)]Bit disappointed Tilly isnt looking for more players. What if Gutts and Maher get injured?
As for Newcastle think its rubbish but £3m would buy us 2 or 3 quality players.
We have Jay Smith, and if we had two injuries, then Bradbury can play in the centre as can Hunt.

Id like to see another midfielder but dont think its a problem if we dont get one.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimper James @ Aug. 22 2006,12:28)]Haven't Newcastle just signed Obafemi Martins...???
Newcastle and Inter have agreed a £10m fee for Martins, personal terms still to be ironed out.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Uxbridge Shrimper @ Aug. 22 2006,12:33)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimper James @ Aug. 22 2006,12:28)]Haven't Newcastle just signed Obafemi Martins...???
Newcastle and Inter have agreed a £10m fee for Martins, personal terms still to be ironed out.
I see.

Well, if that goes through then i expect they'll settle for what they have.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Aug. 22 2006,12:08)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Technician @ Aug. 22 2006,12:04)]They would certainly pay around £3m, but they wouldn't have someone to send the other way, which means we would be looking for a suitable replacement with only 9 days to go before the window slams shut on us.

I'd be very surprised if we haven't tentatitvely lined someone up already just in case.
I reckon we've already got him - Gary Hooper
rock.gif

I can't see a team the size of Newcastle coming in for a player who is unproven in the Championship. However if Freddy scores 15 before Xmas, then it could be a different story in January.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimper James @ Aug. 22 2006,12:35)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Uxbridge Shrimper @ Aug. 22 2006,12:33)]
[b said:
I see.

Well, if that goes through then i expect they'll settle for what they have.
The 1st post said "Freddy Eastwood as a cheaper option to compete with Martins and Shola Ameobi for a place"

So the story is Martins and Fred.

If Newcastle offer would imagine it would be nearer the figure RM has in mind than Derby's offer.

Back